Off hours call rotation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by StanTheMan, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StanTheMan

Hey
    I am trying to setup a call rotation to several people on off hours. So on certain days it forwards to someones cell phone.

I spent some time searching on how to do this, but I cannot find something on this.

Has anyone done something like this?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I am uncertain if the true complexity of the need is being expressed. If the rotation is routine and involves the same extensions (again, part of the routine), then presumably you could set office hours for these affected extensions to be something other than global and then set to forward to the cell accordingly. You simply need to check the box for non-global hours, then check the box to auto change status and then state the forwarding rule accordingly.

However if this does not work, then we need more detail and/or you may need to look at:
    http://www.voiptoys.com/products/334-3cx-on-call-manager-by-voiptoys.aspx

3. deichb

Thanks Ineblett,

I will have to research that package option. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Brad

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

Some of my customers have this situation. If its just one person on call then we designate one phone in the office as the on call phone. After hours the on call person forwards that phone to their cell phone. In the call routing for after hours I either send the calls to that phone or to a digital receptionist that they then get the option to press a button to reach the on call person, which forwards to that desk phone that is call forwarded to the on call persons cell.

This works for my customers with simple needs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.