Offering a 3CX-hosted extension to another VoIP client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wodp, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wodp

Hi everyone

You'll probably guess I'm new to the world of IP PBXs, but have an idea for a project at a radio station. There will be a VoIP solution (different one to 3CX, designed for radio studios) which will talk to multiple SIP gateways/VoIP providers - there'll probably be 5 or 6 lines of SIPgate for the incoming number, and another provider (unchosen as yet) to host the XD line (because SIPgate are kind enough to not support dialling of 0871 + 0844 calls on their network).

I've looked at asterisk, but not had a chance to play with it properly yet - the idea is to have an in-house hosted VoIP PBX. Stumbled across 3CX via some google ad whilst I was reading an email about the studio-facing VoIP client, so had a look just now and am impressed! However, I need to know how I would get the program (Phonebox SOLO for the record) to connect to ONE EXTENSION on the 3CX server - this is because I want to setup a 3CX extension which will dial into the Phonebox system, so whilst I know I can get Phonebox to talk to other VoIP providers, should I then (in theory) be able to get it to login to one extension of the 3CX network? I'm thinking for security it would be best to have the studio + admin networks on separate switches, but I'm sure I can put everything on the same switch and just make sure the security on the studio-facing systems is tight.

Thanks in advance for pointers,
    Dave Perry (Radio enthusiast, E-Content Developer + IT consultant)

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

sorry i don´t understand what you need.

do you need that 3cx takes a extension of a other pbx as a line ?

or do you need that 3cx gives a extension that you can use in a other pbx as a line ?

you can do that both but you wrote much additional info so i don´t be sure if you realy mean this.

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.