Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Offering a 3CX-hosted extension to another VoIP client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wodp, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wodp

Hi everyone

You'll probably guess I'm new to the world of IP PBXs, but have an idea for a project at a radio station. There will be a VoIP solution (different one to 3CX, designed for radio studios) which will talk to multiple SIP gateways/VoIP providers - there'll probably be 5 or 6 lines of SIPgate for the incoming number, and another provider (unchosen as yet) to host the XD line (because SIPgate are kind enough to not support dialling of 0871 + 0844 calls on their network).

I've looked at asterisk, but not had a chance to play with it properly yet - the idea is to have an in-house hosted VoIP PBX. Stumbled across 3CX via some google ad whilst I was reading an email about the studio-facing VoIP client, so had a look just now and am impressed! However, I need to know how I would get the program (Phonebox SOLO for the record) to connect to ONE EXTENSION on the 3CX server - this is because I want to setup a 3CX extension which will dial into the Phonebox system, so whilst I know I can get Phonebox to talk to other VoIP providers, should I then (in theory) be able to get it to login to one extension of the 3CX network? I'm thinking for security it would be best to have the studio + admin networks on separate switches, but I'm sure I can put everything on the same switch and just make sure the security on the studio-facing systems is tight.

Thanks in advance for pointers,
    Dave Perry (Radio enthusiast, E-Content Developer + IT consultant)

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

sorry i don´t understand what you need.

do you need that 3cx takes a extension of a other pbx as a line ?

or do you need that 3cx gives a extension that you can use in a other pbx as a line ?

you can do that both but you wrote much additional info so i don´t be sure if you realy mean this.

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.