Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Office 365 Server-side Integration for Shared Contacts

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by the_sambot, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_sambot

I'm trying to sync my 3CX Contacts to a Public Folder created in Office 365 containing contacts for my organization.

I can't find any documentation other than the following article and two subsequent articles:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/sync-ms-exchange-contacts/

I've completed all of those steps, but no contacts are coming over. From the 3CX Phone System Manager > Contacts, I click Office 365. Here I have the OWA link for the server:
    https://outlook.office365.com/owa/mycompanyname.com/ [using my email domain instead of mycompanyname.com]

Impersonated user account information is entered. Then under Configure Public Folders, I click Add Folder. Under Specify Public Folders to Synchronize, I click Add Folder. Now what? What is it looking for? I tried simply the name of the Shared Folder (Master Contact List) and I tried the full path (\Spectrum Public Folders\Master Contact List). No go. Nothing in the logs. Nothing indicating it's doing anything. What am I missing?

2. pcepbx

I seem to remember having some difficulty getting ours set up as well. Here are a few notes from our system:

--The impersonated user account is actually assigned an O365 license (Kiosk, $2/month). As I recall, I tried with shared mailbox but it was a no go.
    --OWA link is set to "https://outlook.office365.com/owa" (no quotes)
    --Full path of our Public Folder in O365 is "\PCE Public Folders\Corporate Contacts"; in 3cx, it is entered as "PCE Public Folders/Corporate Contacts" (again, no quotes.) Take very close note of the slashes and which direction (I highlighted them in red); as I recall, getting this right is what made our work!

Hopefully this helps!

3. the_sambot

Thank you! I was starting to wonder if anyone had gotten this working as 3CX support hasn't been helpful yet.

I went back to square one a week or two ago. I hadn't initially set up a O365 license for the impersonated user. That's good to know that the Kiosk license is working because I went with the Office 365 Business Essentials at $6/mo. I'll scale this back.

I made your suggested change but it still didn't work (Spectrum Public Folders/Master Contact List). I also had Sync Users set to a mailbox that also had all of the contacts loaded in their contacts folder. The second I deleted that user out of there, the contacts came through!

Thank you for your suggestion. I knew I was close but without any error logging and/or examples, I also knew I was just wasting time.

4. the_sambot

New issue, though. On my YeaLink T38S, it now lists the contacts from the folder. However, the contacts are not pulling a phone number. The only thing coming down is the Name. In 3CX Phone System Manger > Contacts, the following fields are populating correctly:
    • First Name
    • Last Name
    • Company
    • Business (Phone)
    • Email address
    I just moved one contacts phone number to the "Mobile" field, and now the phone number is showing up in 3CX Phonebook. Is there any way to correct this? I do have some people's mobile, office general, and DID, so I'd prefer to not blindly use the Mobile field, if necessary.

Edit: Looks like it is addressed here: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...k-does-not-list-all-numbers-on-yealink.39681/

Also, I'd love to mark this thread as solved but can't figure out how to do it.

#4 the_sambot, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.