Office 365 Server-side Integration for Shared Contacts

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by the_sambot, Jun 28, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_sambot

I'm trying to sync my 3CX Contacts to a Public Folder created in Office 365 containing contacts for my organization.

I can't find any documentation other than the following article and two subsequent articles:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/sync-ms-exchange-contacts/

I've completed all of those steps, but no contacts are coming over. From the 3CX Phone System Manager > Contacts, I click Office 365. Here I have the OWA link for the server:
    https://outlook.office365.com/owa/mycompanyname.com/ [using my email domain instead of mycompanyname.com]

Impersonated user account information is entered. Then under Configure Public Folders, I click Add Folder. Under Specify Public Folders to Synchronize, I click Add Folder. Now what? What is it looking for? I tried simply the name of the Shared Folder (Master Contact List) and I tried the full path (\Spectrum Public Folders\Master Contact List). No go. Nothing in the logs. Nothing indicating it's doing anything. What am I missing?

2. pcepbx

I seem to remember having some difficulty getting ours set up as well. Here are a few notes from our system:

--The impersonated user account is actually assigned an O365 license (Kiosk, $2/month). As I recall, I tried with shared mailbox but it was a no go.
    --OWA link is set to "https://outlook.office365.com/owa" (no quotes)
    --Full path of our Public Folder in O365 is "\PCE Public Folders\Corporate Contacts"; in 3cx, it is entered as "PCE Public Folders/Corporate Contacts" (again, no quotes.) Take very close note of the slashes and which direction (I highlighted them in red); as I recall, getting this right is what made our work!

Hopefully this helps!

3. the_sambot

Thank you! I was starting to wonder if anyone had gotten this working as 3CX support hasn't been helpful yet.

I went back to square one a week or two ago. I hadn't initially set up a O365 license for the impersonated user. That's good to know that the Kiosk license is working because I went with the Office 365 Business Essentials at $6/mo. I'll scale this back.

I made your suggested change but it still didn't work (Spectrum Public Folders/Master Contact List). I also had Sync Users set to a mailbox that also had all of the contacts loaded in their contacts folder. The second I deleted that user out of there, the contacts came through!

Thank you for your suggestion. I knew I was close but without any error logging and/or examples, I also knew I was just wasting time.

4. the_sambot

New issue, though. On my YeaLink T38S, it now lists the contacts from the folder. However, the contacts are not pulling a phone number. The only thing coming down is the Name. In 3CX Phone System Manger > Contacts, the following fields are populating correctly:
    • First Name
    • Last Name
    • Company
    • Business (Phone)
    • Email address
    I just moved one contacts phone number to the "Mobile" field, and now the phone number is showing up in 3CX Phonebook. Is there any way to correct this? I do have some people's mobile, office general, and DID, so I'd prefer to not blindly use the Mobile field, if necessary.

Edit: Looks like it is addressed here: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...k-does-not-list-all-numbers-on-yealink.39681/

Also, I'd love to mark this thread as solved but can't figure out how to do it.

#4 the_sambot, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.