Office 365 - Syncing Contacts

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by jevison, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jevison

I'm trying to sync the contact list we have with 3CX via 365.

The impersonated user account has already been created, has a licence applied to talk to Exchange and the credentials have been entered into .

However, I'm not sure what the 'configure public folders' option is about. As far as I can see, logging into the 365 admin center, I cannot see any folders or any option to create some (see below).

365contacts.JPG

365contacts2.JPG

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? This has been a headache for awhile!

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

public folders are in the exchange admin
    Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 12.13.40 PM.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jevison likes this.
  3. jevison

Ah, thanks Craig!

I've since created a public folder mailbox, and a folder and subfolder - which is now appearing in my Outlook client and set as contact items. I've entered in the public folder path as: Company Public Folder/Master Contact List on 3CX (as titled in 365 Exchange Admin), but the test contacts I made within the subfolder still fail to appear.

What am I doing wrong?

4. jevison

Never mind, fixed it! Figured out because 3CX requires the impersonated account has to be an E1 type, the password had expired. Changed, saved, working (finally)!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.