Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Office 365 Unified Messaging

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wanaus, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanaus

I went to configure 3CX auto attendant to Exchange Online /Office 365 UM and it doesn't work. Then support tells me it's not supported.
    I see that these companies support it.
    Aastra Alcatel Avaya Cisco Inter-Tel Intecom Mitel NEC NeXspan Nortel Panasonic Rolm ShoreTel Siemens Sonus Tadiran Toshiba
    Why don't 3CX support Office 365 UM? How hard can it be?
    I have probably lost a sale because of this.

2. JonnyM

Sorry, there's a lot of things I don't like about 3CX (see my post history) but this isn't one of them. There are lots of features it doesn't have - but a full demo is available and the admin guides are freely downloadable from the website.

It's an inexpensive and reliable PBX system costing a fraction of the ones you have listed. If it lost you a sale then you either didn't know the product you were selling, or you failed to accurately sound out what the client was after and came in with an inappropriate proposal. Neither of those are the fault of the 3CX team.

3. parachutech

I'm trying to decide whether to switch our law firm from Vonage Business to 3CX. I love everything about 3CX except it doesn't do Voicemail Transcription and doesn't work with Office 365 UM. One or the other would guarantee a switch. People love VM transcription and to go to a system without it is not something we're willing to do.

I feel like I'm so close to getting Office 365 to work, but it just doesn't. It won't. I don't know why it would be more difficult to get it to work with O365 than Exchange 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.