Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Office hours config help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vanderheyde, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanderheyde

Hi,

I'm banging my head against the wall on an office hour configuration:

The global office hours are 9:00-17:00.
    All calls come into the PBX via 1 number, and go to a digital receptionist. When reaching the receptionist, for example the queue behind option 1 has different office hours than that of option 2.

ie:
    call > receptionist > 1) sales (9:00 - 17:00)
    call > receptionist > 2) support (7:30 - 19:30)

Is there a way to set seperate office hours for a queue?

If I set the SIP trunk the global office hours, no calls would reach the support.
    If I set the SIP trunk to the support office hours, how would I 'block' all other calls?

thanks,
    vanderheyde

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi vanderheyde,

Office Hours cannot be set on Queues, however there is a way you could make this work, using a 'dummy' extension.

Create a new Extension that you will never register anywhere, in the Extension Settings go to the "Forwarding Rules" -> Exceptions, here and a new Rule and as Caller ID enter *, set the Specific Office Hours to e.g. 09:00-17:00, and the "Forward To:" the Sales Queue. Then in "Forwarding Rules" -> Available, in the "Phone is Busy" section select the destination where you want calls to go when the Exception Rule does not apply. Last, point the option 1 of the Digital Receptionist to this new 'dummy' extension.

You can do exactly the same for the option 2 in the Digital Receptionist as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.