Office hours config help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vanderheyde, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanderheyde

Apr 14, 2016
    I'm banging my head against the wall on an office hour configuration:

The global office hours are 9:00-17:00.
    All calls come into the PBX via 1 number, and go to a digital receptionist. When reaching the receptionist, for example the queue behind option 1 has different office hours than that of option 2.

call > receptionist > 1) sales (9:00 - 17:00)
    call > receptionist > 2) support (7:30 - 19:30)

Is there a way to set seperate office hours for a queue?

If I set the SIP trunk the global office hours, no calls would reach the support.
    If I set the SIP trunk to the support office hours, how would I 'block' all other calls?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Jun 2, 2014

Office Hours cannot be set on Queues, however there is a way you could make this work, using a 'dummy' extension.

Create a new Extension that you will never register anywhere, in the Extension Settings go to the "Forwarding Rules" -> Exceptions, here and a new Rule and as Caller ID enter *, set the Specific Office Hours to e.g. 09:00-17:00, and the "Forward To:" the Sales Queue. Then in "Forwarding Rules" -> Available, in the "Phone is Busy" section select the destination where you want calls to go when the Exception Rule does not apply. Last, point the option 1 of the Digital Receptionist to this new 'dummy' extension.

You can do exactly the same for the option 2 in the Digital Receptionist as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.