Office Hours for different Menu Options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by casualmikey, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casualmikey

Hi, I have a main menu where option 1 is sale and option 2 is customer service. sales has different office hours than customer service. When the user selects 2, i would like the out of office message to run when not in business hours. Option 1 is going straight to a queue whereas option 2 is going to another digital receptionist. I see nowhere in 3cx to be able to set office hours on queues or receptionists.

Is there a workaround for this or a way to achieve this?

2. pim1

forward call not to queue or digital receptionist, but first to "virtual" extension (not used by anyone, you don't have to register it), and on that extension set office hours. If caller will call on office hours then forward to queue if not play wav file.

cheers.

3. casualmikey

I setup a regular unregistered extension and it works perfectly. On the 'available' forwarding rule, I had to set a 1 second forward in order to go to the correct menu during normal business hours. I tried to put zero as a value to immediately forward but that didn't work. I think 1 second is fine.

Thanks for your help on this.

Mike

4. casualmikey

Hi, I spoke too soon. When someone calls, it goes directly to the main menu receptionist. When someone selects 1, it used to go to a digital receptionist, now I setup it up to go to the virtual extension. One drawback is that it gives me the 'transferring your call' prompt instead of a seamless menu navigation. Is there a way around this using the virtual extension technique?

5. pim1

option 1. Now you have queue with agents (extension). You can just configure office hours on extension logged to queue (you must set that when out of office, automaticly log out from queues), and configure that when no agents are logged to queue forward to digital recepcionist.

option 2. Have you tried to set up forwarding to recepcionist in advanced forwarding rules?

cheers

6. nwhitfield

I have something a bit like this; I have the main office hours setting in 3CX configure for my business line, so calls go to voicemail outside office hours.

But there's also a DDI number that's the listed number for my flat. I'm not prepared to answer calls on that after about 10pm, or before 9am.

So, in the DDI config for that number, it forwards to an extension that's not registered.

The extension is set to have advanced rules:

1. Forward all, specific hours, digital receptionist
    2. Forward all, all hours, voicemail

So, if a call comes in during the specific hours, then it goes to the DR, which reminds people that if they're trying to sell me anything or conduct a survey, I will be extremely rude to them, and invites callers to press a number if they actually do want to reach me. That then transfers to the ring group.

If a call comes in at any other time, it failes to match the first rule, and so goes to voicemail.

When I've tested this, I haven't noticed any particular delays in incoming call handling. It effectively gives me the second set of office/available hours, for that specific DDI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.