Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Office Hours Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mgs157, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgs157

We have office hours set to m-f 8am-5pm.

If an Administrator dials *641 at 7:30am to put the system in "In Office Hours" mode will it still go into out of office mode automatically at 5pm? Or will they have to dial *64 to put it back in default office hours?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

What I understand is it will remain in *641 until you send a *642 or a *64 (or whatever your code is - I've seen somepeople use 7 digits :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mgs157

Would it work instead if we used the emergency dial code to turn it off?

4. craigreilly

Thats what I understand from another thread. If you want a "manual" way of doing things ( we still do - office hours may vary from time to time) then *641, *642 is the way to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mgs157

I kinda want both. Want the night ring to automatically go on at 5pm and off at 8am, but if someone gets here at 7:30am and wants to start answering the phones they can and it won't disrupt the schedule.

So the emergency dial code will allow us to do this?

6. craigreilly

Yes - but I think you need to turn it back to normal after the normal opening time.

7. gschwab

gschwab New Member

They will have to dial *64 to return to default.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dial-codes/

8. mgs157

Ok, but what if instead of using *641 we used the emergency dial code, would we then get the desired result without have to dial anything to return to default?

9. gschwab

gschwab New Member

This IS the "emergency dial code, *641 is just an example, you set the code up in 3CX by going to: settings then click advanced the click the dial codes tab, it's the last one in the list. You can make anything you want to as long as it is not something that is already in use that would cause a conflict.

Therefore if you set the emergency dial code = *64
    then *641 = IN OFFICE HRS>
    and *642 = OUT OF OFFICE HRS
    and *64 = USE DEFAULT OFFICE HRS.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dial-codes/

read the section at the bottom of the page.

George

10. mgs157

DUH!! I missed that they were using *64 as an example and thought it was a different option. I get it now, thank you for your patience with me.

11. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Your very welcome, no problem.
    We do the same thing here, sometimes someone stays late or comes in early and we use the emergency dial codes to switch in or out of office hrs. We just make it a habit to return to default before leaving. By the way, the system does give you an audio message when you use it. give it try and you'll see.

Good Luck,
    George

12. craigreilly

I've written an XML page for a BLF on my yealink and it gives the user options which changes the BLF light as a visual indicator.

13. craigreilly

so extract these to the phone server, in the provisioning folder, in a folder called XML
    then on the phone, setup an XML button to http://phoneip:5000/provisioning/xml/SetReceptionistStatus.xml

Attached Files:

• xml.zip
      File size:
      1.7 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.