Office Hours with Extensions how to?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nibb, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nibb

I really searching for allot of time here, and I cannot seem to find out how to configure something with 3cx. Maybe its not supported yet?

I need to send calls on offline hours to a attendant or voicemail with a message that informs of the available business hours.

This can be done for the lines (Ports)Trunks but not for extensions.

If I configure how to handle offline hours with the Ports, this would apply to every call which is not what I want.

I only want to do this for a particular extensions, example, Sales. And I only see you can configure office hours per extension but on Action there is no setting how to handle this at all.

When callers call they hear options like Sales press 1, Billing press 2, etc. but if they press 2, in offline hours I want them to send to a message that tells them the business hours instead and of course the extension should handle the call on business hours.

Is this even possible with 3CX?

Thanks

2. netswork

netswork Active Member

As I understand your question you have a digital receptionist that answers the calls and then they press 1 for sales. 1 is set to ring a individual extension.

What I would do is create two digital receptionist. One called day time (or whatever) and one called after hours. Use the same recording for both. Create a third digital receptionist and have the recording state your hours and call it sales after hours or whatever.

On your inbound route during the day send your calls to digital receptionist day time. After hours send calls to your digital receptionist "after hours". On this digital receptionist have option 1 send calls to your digital receptionist "sales after hours". You cand send the other options to their normal location.

You could also use the voice application designer instead of daisy chaining these digital receptionist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nibb

I see, that could work.

So basically, I clone my current main digital receptionist, except in the off hours I disable the sales extension correct (or forward it to a offline hours)?

I may to try to see if that works. But this would be so much simpler if the extension or digital receptionist would also be able to handle calls differently on their own offline hours. Otherwise I don´t see why you can set a custom office hours on them in the first place if there is nothing they can do based on the setting.

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

If they press one to get to sales you just set 1 to go to the recording in the second digital receptionist. On your inbound route you set it to go to the first digital receptionist during the day and te second one after hours. You don't have to make any changes to the sales phone/extension

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nibb

Yes I think I have a mental picture on how that work. Its a little trick, but I think it can work. I will try it later today and see how it goes.

Thank you again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.