office hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmatson, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmatson

jmatson New Member

is there a way to have different office hours Per ext.

Like my wife doesn't get up until 11. She doesn't want her phone to ring unti then. I get up at 7. I Need mine to ring at that time.

But the catch is. We are both in a group where if one of my Cab drivers has a problem at 2am both of our phones will ring. I have tried setting her phone away but it won't ring.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Get her one of the Panasonic (or other make of) cordless phones that has a night option where you set the non-ring hours right on the phone.

3. jmatson

jmatson New Member

what model do you recommend

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It was actually a bit of a joke...but if you aren't able to set two sets of office hours, having a phone that knows when to shut the ringer off is the next best thing. If you are in North America, I know that Panasonic does make a number of Cordless phones with "Night Mode", which allows you to set the ringer hours. In fact I would be surprised if any of their DECT 6.0 models don't have that option by now, but check the package. I bought a 5.8 Ghz model with that feature year or so ago. I also have an older Siemens cordless that does the same thing, so there may be others out there as well. It saves me from being awakened by wrong numbers between 11pm and 7 am.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I was assuming that you are already making use of the office hours to route calls. If not then you could create two ring groups, one with just your phone, or others too, for outside office hours. Then create a second ring group with both extensions, office hours 11am to ???. after 11 it would ring both sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.