Office Hours

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danoh, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danoh

Does anyone have a good trick to force the PBX to always be in-office hours unless told otherwise?

Background information:

I have two softkeys setup on Cisco SPA509G phones that will switch the PBX from In-Office hours to Out-Of-Office hours. I have a client that wants to manually switch their in and out of office status. I have the inbound lines configured to go to a different IVR for in and out of office hours.

My problem is that I can't set the PBX to always be "in office" hours. If I leave the times in the office hours configuration blank, the pbx assumes out of office status. If I put times like 00:00 to 23:59 for in office hours, the pbx will automatically switch back to in-office at midnight, negating the manual setting of the office status.

If I leave the times blank to that the pbx assumes it is out of office, then I manually tell it that I'm inside office hours, it works -- but if you restart the phone system, it will default back to out of office hours. This is not what I need.

To recap: I need the pbx to always be in-office, unless told otherwise by the user.

Confusing, yeah.... ideas?

2. danoh

Any clues?

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

If you want to control it completely manually then leave it blank. It will be out of office hours by default but you still control when it logs in and out.

I know you said that if it reboots then it goes to out of office hours by default but it has to go to one or the other by default and so if you restart the service you will need to make the change if necessary. It should only ever restart under your control.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.