• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Office Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaldo1973

Reaction score
Hello all,

How can I set it so that after office hours all call directed to an extension from the Digital Receptionist goes straight to voicemail? I know that based on the profile I can say that after 20 seconds it will go to voicemail regardless. Is there a way to set it so that it when someone picks an extension after hours it won't ring and go straight to voicemail?

Thanks in advance.

A

If they are given the choice of an extension, and the call is sent there, then any rules, at that point, is the extensions. After hours, you could send callers to a different Digital Receptionist (same outgoing message) that routes calls differently.

Well, this goes to the heart of the problem. The only way I can see this happening is to have every person set their status to Away or Out of Office when they leave and then set the rules for those options under their extensions to go straight to voicemail. This would allow for too much human error.

Even if I set up a different Digital Receptionist, how do I get it to go straight to voicemail?

Hi,

You can set specific office hours for every extension and also check Automatically switch office hours profiles. In this case when office hours end, extension is putted automatically in away status and you can play with forwarding rules for away status how you want.

There's lots of ways of doing this...

Go into the forwarding rules for the extension, click on "exception" and "add rule". Add a rule from "*", received during "out of office hours" and forward to "voicemail".

Now, regardless of their status, all incoming calls will forward to their voicemail after business hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sprice352
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.