OK starting off

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmorley990, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmorley990

Ok, i got just a few questions

1, i use windows xp, my home computer, will 3cx run on a regular computer
    2.if i were to use this software, where would i get my ip number for the settings
    3.how would i plug in a cisco ip phone to use it
    4.what is the best provider to use for the service

thanks JM

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

1. Yes, it runs great on Windows XP Pro
    2. It will be the IP address of the machine you are putting it on. Typing ipconfig from a cmd prompt will give you the IP, but it really should be on a static IP and not DHCP.
    3. Depends on which Cisco phone and what firmware is on it
    4. AT&T, Verizon, PacBell or other landline carries are the best

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jmorley990

we have verizon DSL right now. how would i set the PBX up to work with my verizon account or a IP phone account? like i see call all these IP SIP providers....how does that work with VERIZON.

and what phone is best, or softphone?

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You asked what the best is, the best is to use analog phone lines or a PRI. For that you would need a gateway device like a Patton 4114. If you wanted to use a SIP trunk, then its pretty simple if it is a supported one, simply go to the voip trunks, select the provider, and enter your username and password.

What phone is best? What is your budget? I personally really like the Cisco SPA525G but its a little pricey. The Cisco SPA504G is really good for only $133. I do not like using softphones myself while other people do. Its more a matter of personal preference.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jmorley990

hmm...thanks for all the info.

6. Ricambi America

I agree... but they are oooo so sweet! I use the SPA525G on my desk a hundred times a day.

7. jmorley990

ok like if i got a Cisco SPA phone, what VOIP provider works with the IP phone? thats what i need to know how to set up with that phone

edit: how do i know how to get the IP phone to work with 3CX and the VOIP provider?
    edit: i want the SPA921 1 line IP phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.