Old call log files were deleted to conserve disk space.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by User123, Apr 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User123

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me as when I call 3CX they won't help me without a support contract and try to redirect me to who I bought the licence from. These people also want me to take out a support contract.

I have used v14 before, but on a different premises we are now using v15. I noticed in the event log the other day the message, "Old call log files were deleted to conserve disk space."

I checked and our voice recordings go back to when we set up the system, but the call logs only go back to February now. We need to keep these logs forever. We are not in any danger of running out of hard drive space.

I need to find the option to switch this off, but I can't find it anywhere and 3CX won't tell me where this is. They tell me to look through the online documentation but I can't find this mentioned anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @User123

Please note that we do not have an auto clean mechanism for call history. There are only two ways to delete call history, one is through the dashboard and the other through call reports / settings both need to be done manually for the call history to be deleted.
    The auto clean you see applies for event logs and blrec files that are generated by the PBX not the call history.
    If you are missing call history then someone pressed the purge button

3. User123

Hi

Thank you for clarifying this. The message says "Call Logs" not event logs.

[​IMG]

I will try and find out why the call history is not showing before February. It must have been someone else that has cleared this then.

It may be worth changing the notification to say "Event Logs" instead of "Call Logs" to avoid confusion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.