OLD IP Adress is being used

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rolfieo, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolfieo

I have something strange. I have removed my old external IP already from the firewall. So it can't be used anymore...
    Internally 3CX works great with my phones.
    I'm trying to use on my Android phone a connection to the 3CX server for my company.
    I’m trying this from both my G3 connection and my wifi.

3CX softphone makes the connection, and set it to available. Within the 3CX Admin console, I can see that the phone connects correctly.

When I dial a number, the connection is made, but no voice.

When I check the logging, it still uses the old IP of my PABX System.

11-okt-2015 13:59:17.213 [MS105000] C:1.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=10.117.11.70:42000,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=XXX.YYY.ZZZ.125:9000

I have configured the / Settings / Networking / STUN Server. I had the correct new IP’s filled in.
    But I’m also testing with STUN configured.

11-okt-2015 13:56:35.089 [CM506002]: Resolved SIP external IP:port (XXX.YYY.ZZZ.126:5060) on Transport 192.168.178.116:5060
    11-okt-2015 13:56:34.918 [CM506001]: STUN request to resolve SIP external IP:port mapping is sent to STUN server 198.50.247.220:3478 over Transport 192.168.178.116:5060

Firewall checker give all greens, and passes with success.. So no errors on there.
    I’m a little lost now, where 3CX keeps getting the old IP from?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If using a fixed Public IP, then there may not be a need to use STUN. Of course, this assumes that the firewall has the ports forwarded correctly. which given the firewall checker passing it does appear to be so. Further, by using the checker, it also caused a restart of the system which should have effected the new changes.

As a confirmation, you may want to go to Settings, Advanced, Custom parameters and then scroll thru the list and see if you can identify any entries that might still reflect your old IP. You can change in this area, but remember any change you made so you can revert if needed and restart all services.

3. Rolfieo

I had the same idea about this. The firewall checker does not show any errors.

checked the settings, but the old ip is not there.

I have also analysed the backup files. No config with the old IP.

Just removed STUN settings, and forced the X.Y.Z.126 Ip adres in it again.
    I just rebooted both the firewall and the server. Just to be sure.

But the same issue. Still it tries to connect to the 125 IP adres. And i have no idea from where the configuration is set.

Could it be that is somewhere is remembed on the "SIP trunks"?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

I think you have to do a search in the registry settings for the old IP address and change it there or,
    create a backup, uninstall 3CX Phone System, install 3CX and restore the backup.

Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rolfieo

Grrrr.. I should have think about that one. It is indeed in there. Bug in the software? Looks like that it does not reflex the settings in the application.

Going to modify this one tomorrow evening.

Thx for the quick ones.

6. Rolfieo

Reinstall solved the issue.

Nasty bug.....

7. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Glad you solved the issue. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.