On Demand Recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Galileoden, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galileoden

Does 3CX provide the ability to record a conversation on demand via an IP Phone (yealink)? The client would like to be able to press a key combination to start a recording on demand.

If not, is there any way to instruct 3CX to delete recordings when you set it to 'always record'?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

While I have not tried it, the yealink's do have a record option that you can set for the DSS keys. You will need to access the phone's settings via its web interface and make the changes and then try. As indicated, I have not tried it and therefore do not know if it will actually work.

3CX allows for full recording control using the MyPhone application. You can manage the recordings as far as deleting them as well as there is no auto-delete functionality.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The record button does seem to work with v11 and shows up in the MyPhone app. Ensure you have the correct functionality turned on under the extension in the console.
    I have not tested in v12 yet.
    I prefer using the phone to record as MyPhone does not tell you what it is actively recording - does it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.