• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

On Hold Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamoni

Reaction score
I am considering using this PBX and comparing it to Asterisk. First thing I noticed is that there is an option for On Hold MUsic but it is disabled. In addition, when I put someone on Hold, they do not hear the music. Is this something which is still in development?

2 other questions:

1. Is faxing currently supported, oris it coming?
2. When will the final Gold Release be?

All in all, this PBX seems to be very useful and user friendly. Kudos to the developers of this product

The option for onhold music is disabled - meaning that at this stage it is not possible to change the music file that is played for music on hold.

Different phones require different SIP mechanisms for placing on hold and retrieving on hold, and this sometimes causes some phones to not receive music while on hold. We are working to improve this area, but it is an issue where the phone's protocol management is a key player.

Faxing is not currently supported. We will be investigating this issue.

Hope this clears things up.

Music on Hold

Music on hold now works with the latest build (early March) and I also noticed you can use not only .wav files but I tried putting an .mp3 in the folder and selected it as my on hold tune, and it works so there ya have it, both .wav and .mp3 files work for oh hold. I might try other formats and will let you know. MC

Thanks for the update...

Thanks.. This will help, I am looking forward to the release of this PBX. I am in the process of setting up my server and am very interested in using this PBX instead of Asterix.

This 3CX is the way to go. The only two things I need to still master on it is the caller I.D. as I want to send custom caller IDs and have been able to using my GXP2000 phone with Vonage/soft by themselves and not with the server in the mix, and secondly, if I can figure out how to make the server handle direct IP calls from the internet that would be great (without going through any PSTN system). Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.