On Hold Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by perfectpc, Apr 3, 2007.

1. perfectpc

I have a weird problem with the on hold or even when transfering a call. I call a customer say and put them on hold. The on hold music is played ok but when I take it off hold it plays a different on hold music that I have not installed. I also can get the call back. I fthe customer calls me this does not seem to happen. Someone told me it could be the voip supplied which is voiptalk.

Can anyone shed any light

Cheers

Glenn

2. ipSkillz

Hi.

Yup, this can be raher frustrating.. I can only hope you aren't getting the random beeping tones I get when on hold, using an spa3k.

To solve this problem, I selected the general settings tab, at the bottom there should be a permanent extension for the IVR server attached to 3cx.

It will have a sound file selected, possible /prompts/onhold.mp3 for example. Leave this sound file as is, but navigate to the directory where the sound file resides and delete the corresponding sound file.

By doing this you remove any possibilty of 3cx being able to use the IVR streaming server to overide your music of choice.

I hope this helps, and kind regards.

3. perfectpc

Thanks for the response. I think the problems seems to be with the sip provider voiptalk.org as when you try to take the call off hold it then seems to play their on hold music! Only seems to happen on out going calls and not incoming