Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

On Updates screen, add filters to show some / all updates

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by mcbsys, Mar 9, 2017.

1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

After installing SP5 on v15, only relevant updates are shown. This is GREAT in most cases, BUT:

- If I need to download phone firmware for a customer, and I don't have the same model phone available, I'm stuck. (This happened recently because a download was timing out on the customer's slow Internet connection.)

- If I want to download a feature I do not have, what do I do? I see that CRM integrations have their own screen now but I seem to recall there was some other update types, e.g. maybe I want to customize phone templates for a customer.

As a next step in improving the Updates screen, please consider adding two filters:
    • Show me updates for this version of 3CX: As Configured / All Available
    • Show me updates that are: Current / Out of Date / Both Current and Out of Date
    The second filter allows using the Updates screen to check the current version of any module/firmware.

The default filters to match the SP5 functionality would be As Configured / Out of Date.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 mcbsys, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Create a fake extension
    Put the phone there in the dropdown and you will start to see it.

Crm updates are all displayed. YOu can download any one you want.

I think for now this feature will remain as is.. Improvements were made. It's time for other areas now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thank you for the tip on adding a fake extension and phone.

You can always come back to this suggestion for v16 :).

Perhaps more short-term, we need a way to extend the four-minute download timeout. Maybe that's a Parameter?

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

MC_DOWNLOADTIMEOUT
    Extend in seconds.

5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Excellent, thank you.