• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Once seen never forgotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
I often plug customer's phones in in the office before shipping them, e.g. to make sure they're on the latest firmware, install EHS modules etc.

Of course, as soon as they boot they shout out their existance and 3CX promptly adds them to the "Phones you can configure" list.

So far as I can see - am I missing a trick? - there's no way to either remove a specific unallocated phone from that list or to remove *all* unallocated phones from the list.

Anyone know better??

I have phones "waiting to be allocated" which have been shipped to customer sites *years* ago!!

You should be able to use the 'Reject' key to remove them from the list. If rebooted, they will appear on the list again.

"Reject" works fine. I made the experience, that you have to edit your security settings afterwards and remove the rule, which blocks the IP.

The 'reject' button doesn't add anything to the IP Blacklist.

Create a subnet separate from the one 3CX runs on with access out to the internet and in from the subnet your PC is on, and use that to test phones.

@Nick: Thanks you for correcting me. We had an issue with one phone and I rejected it and deleted a blocking rule. But this rule got created because of a login attempt with a wrong password. So I mixed things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.