• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One Account. All of 3CX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agathocles Prodromou

CNO
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your contribution to the 3CX forums.

We’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal.

What does this mean for you? You will no longer have to remember a separate set of logins; just one set of credentials for anything 3CX!

What do you need to do?
  • Update the email address you use to login to our forums to make it match that of the Partner/Customer Portal.

• If you do not have a Portal account go ahead and create one here. Make sure to use the same email address as that of the forum.
We advise you to do this soon to avoid losing access to your account.

And that’s it. Super easy. One Account. All of 3CX.

Regards,
The 3CX Team

Hi @mcbsys ,

For now, you can just request a password reset and it will generate a new 16 char pass for you.

Reactions: mcbsys
I followed the instructions and have now ended up with two different passwords - one for the forum and one for the portal. Previously it was just using google authentication (which seems to not have a password associated with it.

Hi @Absoblogginlutely ,

That is normal as we haven't moved to the new authentication system yet. Once we do, you'll be able to login with your Customer Portal account only.

The two different accounts actually work for my environment. My boss logs into the Partner account for account related things, and I log into the Customer Portal to do technical things.

Hi,

You will no longer have to remember a separate set of logins; just one set of credentials for anything 3CX!

I wonder how many on here are going to be able to remember a 16 random character long password. LoL. While probably many were able to remember their forum passwords as for now.

I don't know how this makes things easier. :)

It will make it more secure as long as the password policy requirements enforce a strong password even if some day a password change functionality is added to the customer portal.

This is OK for me. I always prefer security. But I don't think you can say this is easier for users. :)

I wonder how many on here are going to be able to remember a 16 random character long password. LoL. While probably many were able to remember their forum passwords as for now.

I linked to my Microsoft 365 account and voila. No additional password to remember.

I linked to my Microsoft 365 account and voila. No additional password to remember.

On that note, @YiannisH_3CX or anyone at 3CX, can you please tell me why 3CX requires "Access your data anytime" authorization? That allows the app to see and update my data even when I am not using the app and that doesn't sound like a responsible thing to do ....

On that note, @YiannisH_3CX or anyone at 3CX, can you please tell me why 3CX requires "Access your data anytime" authorization? That allows the app to see and update my data even when I am not using the app and that doesn't sound like a responsible thing to do ....
Please create a new topic for this as it is irrelevant to this one :)

Sound good. But wouldn't it be a good idea, before consolidating accounts, to add the capability for changing passwords to the partner/customer portal? I'm still using the same short 8-character password that was automatically generated and delivered via email three years ago.

the mentioned functionality has been added a while ago, it is below the top right menu...

Final reminder:
We'll be moving to the new authentication system within 7 days so we urge you to make the required adjustments (if needed) to avoid losing access to your community account.

So...this means that anyone, that simply wants to use the forums, also has to create a Portal account?

Hi @leejor ,

Yes that is correct. Given that they are using 3CX, they should already have a Portal account :)

I use a different account than the portal account, which the boss uses. Does that mean my account (this one) will go away? We have two independent accounts.

I use a different account than the portal account, which the boss uses. Does that mean my account (this one) will go away? We have two independent accounts.
Hi @JCLloyd ,

If the email registered to your forum account matches the one of your Portal account then you'll be able to login.

The portal account and my account are different, so it sounds like my account (this one) will become unavailable.

The portal account and my account are different, so it sounds like my account (this one) will become unavailable.
If using the main portal account is not an option then you'd need to create a separate account using this form. Keep in mind that if you downloaded 3CX using your own email then you should already have a Portal Account. (You can use this link to make sure you don't already have an account.)

OK, agp… My email address is already taken. I am using it for this account. Please, advise.

OK, agp… My email address is already taken. I am using it for this account. Please, advise.
If this form shows that your email is in use then you already have a Portal account.. which means you are OK. No changes needed.

You can find your Portal Account's password either in the Welcome email you received when you confirmed your address after downloading 3CX or you can use this page to reset it.

I hope it's clear now. If you need further help let me know.

We'll just have to see how things go, next week. The "Welcome" email shows my boss's email... and a password in plain text... not hashed.

If I don't make it back, I'd like to take this time to thank all the fine people on this forum who have made efforts to assist me in my 3CX and related learning endeavors! This has been a great place to learn, and I am sure it will continue to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.