Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

One Account. All of 3CX!

Discussion in '3CX News / Tech Articles / Product Releases' started by agp, Oct 30, 2018.

1. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi,

Thank you for your contribution to the 3CX forums.

We’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal.

What does this mean for you? You will no longer have to remember a separate set of logins; just one set of credentials for anything 3CX!

What do you need to do?
    • Update the email address you use to login to our forums to make it match that of the Partner/Customer Portal.

• If you do not have a Portal account go ahead and create one here. Make sure to use the same email address as that of the forum.
    We advise you to do this within the next 2 weeks to avoid losing access to your account.

And that’s it. Super easy. One Account. All of 3CX.

Regards,
    The 3CX Team

2. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Sound good. But wouldn't it be a good idea, before consolidating accounts, to add the capability for changing passwords to the partner/customer portal? I'm still using the same short 8-character password that was automatically generated and delivered via email three years ago.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi @mcbsys ,

For now, you can just request a password reset and it will generate a new 16 char pass for you.

mcbsys likes this.
  4. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks, did that. Password is still delivered by email. For years, we've been drilling into customers' heads that email is not a secure way to transmit passwords. It would help if tech vendors followed best security practices as well.

Also, on the page that comes up telling you it is emailing a password

https://login.3cx.com/Password/ConfirmPasswordReset

the Login link goes to https://login.3cx.com/account/login. First time I clicked that, I got 502 Bad Gateway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ArtR likes this.
  5. Absoblogginlutely

I followed the instructions and have now ended up with two different passwords - one for the forum and one for the portal. Previously it was just using google authentication (which seems to not have a password associated with it.

6. agp

agp 3CX Team

Hi @Absoblogginlutely ,

That is normal as we haven't moved to the new authentication system yet. Once we do, you'll be able to login with your Customer Portal account only.

7. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

The two different accounts actually work for my environment. My boss logs into the Partner account for account related things, and I log into the Customer Portal to do technical things.

8. manfer

I wonder how many on here are going to be able to remember a 16 random character long password. LoL. While probably many were able to remember their forum passwords as for now.

I don't know how this makes things easier. :)

It will make it more secure as long as the password policy requirements enforce a strong password even if some day a password change functionality is added to the customer portal.

This is OK for me. I always prefer security. But I don't think you can say this is easier for users. :)

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I linked to my Microsoft 365 account and voila. No additional password to remember.

10. Marari

Marari New Member

On that note, @YiannisH_3CX or anyone at 3CX, can you please tell me why 3CX requires "Access your data anytime" authorization? That allows the app to see and update my data even when I am not using the app and that doesn't sound like a responsible thing to do ....

11. agp

agp 3CX Team

Please create a new topic for this as it is irrelevant to this one :)