One button status and queue login change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AvientIT, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvientIT

I need to provide people with the ability to set their status to away (for example) AND logged out of queues with a single button; and vice versa Available and Logged In. I know that in version 9 setting the status also logged out of queues and 3CX took this away in 10 and onwards. But I REALLY NEED THIS CAPABILITY. I am open to ideas... for example I have tried programming our AASTRA 6755i hansets with softkeys that will do a *30 / *62 and *31 / *63 but after the hangup of the first call the phone does not send the second part. I cannot do this by time of day or using the MyPhone inactivity timeout as they do not apply. Any ideas?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Interesting issue, but I do not think there is a way. The issue is that each action does not necessarily have a mutual tie to the other. I tend to think that if one were logged in a queue, that hitting any *3 option other than available (*30) would also imply an inability to continue to be logged into a queue and an automatic queue logout would/should occur (perhaps there is a scenario for the Custom 1 & 2 where my suggestion would not apply, but it escapes me at the moment). However, I don't know that hitting *30 should also instantly show me as logged into the queue either. As a result, they are treated as discrete commands. You might try *31/*32 to see what happens to the queue status. I have never tried. As it stands, it seems that you need a speed dial key for each command needed.

3. AvientIT

I have seen several posts decrying the loss of this capability since version 9 but none applauding it. The 3CX line seems to be that someone might want to remain logged in to the queue in order to receive calls on their mobile - even though away; this might be true but why not add an option to allow either possibility rather than disable an existing function for those that need it. The idea of linking the status and queue login values is still there in the MyPhone inactivity timeout option - why did they not simply add a tick box "Log out of queues if status <> available" for example?

The AASTRA supports some "special" characters in its speeddial options such as being able to dial immediately or pause before sending more characters - hence *31, dial, pause until that has finished then *62, but alas it doesn't work in practice.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Well, you could submit for a feature change on Facebook. I don't have that model of Aastra but i wll take a quick look to see if there is any similarity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.