• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One customer with 3 companies (newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg.Mohr

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I have a prospect looking to have 3 inbound lines come in on one system. Not a problem with 3 inbound accounts. Now I need to have call flow go to 3 separate autoattendants and then when transferred to tthe extension display which company the call came in to. Where can I set the CID to show up for inbound calls?

Thanks
Greg

I know you can modify the "name field" on a ring group and accomplish what your trying to do...I have never tried it with a digital receptionist though. Let us know if you find a solution...I could see myself coming across this same issue.

If setup a digital receptionist that answers the inbound call...then transfers the call based on what ever options to a ring group, you can set the name on the ring group and that will come across on the phone display. You would just need a separate ring group for each "company".

How did you plan on setting up the digital receptionist? Press 1 for sales 2 for support type of thing?

There will be 3 inbound accounts setup, one for each ported company number. So based on the inbound account, the trigger will go to the appropriate digital receptionist. The prompts would all be similar, for sales press 1, etc.

Where the problem lies is Mon - Thurs, there is a live operator that will be picking up the calls,no auto-attendant/digital receptionist. She needs to know what company to answer as when the calls come in.

If you setup a ring group for each Company, put your live receptionist extension in each ring group and specify a name for the ring group as the company name. The ring group name will come across the phones display.

if you have 3 ring groups:

company x
company y
company z

the call will look like:

Company X: <caller ID info>

or Company Y: <caller ID info>

Depending on how your receive your incoming calls, if you use a gateway, you can sometime add a name in there. Otherwise you could try creating a dummy ring group that simply passes the call on to the receptionist while picking up a name along the way.

I just finished doing the same on my system with only one inbound DID, by going to a digital receptionist and then prompting for co a press 1, co b press 2... Then each one has its own menu with press 1 for sales, etc and it transfers to either a ring group or queue and the correct company information displays on the phone. Thank you for your tips, but the brute force method, (banging head rapidly against wall) worked too!

Greg

I have this scenario running with 4 companies, we haven't set up the auto attendant yet, since we have good phone coverage and haven't had the time to sit through the complex planning and recording.

Each incoming DID line is sent to a ring group, each extension is assigned to the ring group with the outgoing caller ID matching the company name with the listed phone number. We set up ranges to define each company ring group in the extensions:
100 range Tax group
200 range Insurance group
300 range CPA firm group
400 range Systems group

So 100,200,300,400 is the receptionist on a Cisco SPA508g, with one line button assigned to each extension, if the receptionist wants to make an outgoing call using that main phone line as the outgoing phone number she will use the appropriate line button 100,200,300 etc. So any employee that needs multi company presence will have multiple extensions, such as 118,218,318,418 as an example. An insurance agent would have only one extension assigned, 215 for example.

The incoming lines are assigned by incoming rules and the outgoing rules handle the extension groups, and with V10 it's easier with extension groups.

With this design there is an easy visual control as to what company line is ringing, clients have a minimal chance of even being aware of the multi company setup.

The nice advantage is that all 4 companies share the outgoing channels on the SIP trunks. You can adjust the amount of channels required depending on market needs on a quick basis. Say next month when tax season begins or if the insurance agency has a successful marketing campaign in the spring and needs more available channels. Imagine the time and expense that used to take with the old PSTN phone line orders.

Let me know if you have any questions.

The easy way to address this is to simply assign a name to the DID, this will be pre-pended on all calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.