• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One extension unregister and register few times a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdebruin

Reaction score
I am using a very simple setup (3CX version 12) with only two extensions. One extension being the 3CXPhone for Windows, the other one - causing the problem - is a Android 3CX client. The Android client is WiFi connected at all times. In the event log I can see this extension is being unregistered and within a few minutes registers agian. This happens between 5 - 10 times per 24 hour.

What can be triggering the unregistering process. see logfile scrteenshot as attachement.

Many thanks
Bas

Attachments

• 3CX eentlog.JPG
    3CX eentlog.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 633
I've seen that happen, not only on the 3CX Android phone, but on WiFi VoIP handsets as well. If I'm at a hotspot, and turn on the 3CX phone, then check my phone to find it still registered after an hour, I'm pleasantly surprised. Some places it doesn't seem to last more than 10 minutes before I have to force it to re-register. I have to assume that has something to do with the router at that particular location. I was in Germany last year with an unlimited 3G SIM, even while staying in an area with good reception, I noticed that the phone would not be registered at times when I checked it.

There may be any number of reasons for this. You can try to shorten the time between registrations to see if that makes any difference. Or "play" with the keep alive settings. You can test the phone on another network, to see if that is an issue. It may also be something else running on the phone itself, that steals focus from the 3CX App. it might be a battery saving feature trying to kick in.

I have also seen similar unregister/register logs from ATA's that should not be doing that either, as they are set to re-register every 28 minutes.

Thank you!

I lowered the time between registrations and that solved the issue. For unknown reasons the time was set at 3600 for this extension and I lowered it to the defaut 60.

Kind regards,
Bas de Bruin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.