One phone line does not ring to any of the phones.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Buddyl, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddyl

I have 5 lines. Cox Communications says they are all configured properly and that the lines are configured in a hunt group.

When I have 1 person on the phone (1st line) the second caller does not ring to the 3cx/grandstream phones, It just rings and rings till it times out It does not even go to voice mail.

If there is someone on line one, then a caller on the next line trying to get in and we get a third caller. The third caller will connect and our phones will ring and if un answered will go to voicemail.

I have looked at settings and all look the same? Why wont the second line ring to our system?

Any idea what I am missing?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is this some sort of "multiple ATA box" supplied by Cox, that then connects to a PSTN gateway? If so, I would check and confirm that the connection between the two, for that particular line has continuity. If need be, connect line two, from the Cox device, to another port on the gateway for testing. You could also try plugging an analogue set into line two on the Cox device and then have someone call your number while there is a current call on line one. This would verify that line two works coming out of the Cox device. From that point it may be a cable/wired connection, or bad port (incorrect port settings?). on your gateway.

Have you tried placing outgoing calls on this line?

3. Buddyl

There is a box from Cox, It goes in to a punch down block, then the lines come out of it into a 6 line biscuit jack then into the grandstream router/gateway

I seem to be able to dial out on all lines without a problem.

When I dial each line individually they ring through to the phone.

It seems that, when dialing the main number, when there is an existing call on the system, it will not forward to the phone system????

Buddy

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may very well be their device, or how your service is programmed in their system. Some providers are great, they will come out and diagnose and fix the problem with no questions asked even if it just proves that it is your equipment at fault. Others will assume it's your equipment at fault and bill you for a visit if that is confirmed.

If you feel that you provider falls into the second category, then do some testing on the lines coming from their device without 3CX in the picture.

If you connect phone jacks and plug in three phones to the first three lines (it was the second line having the problem), then you should be able to call (from a mobile) the main number, phone 1 rings, pick-up and stay off hook. place a second call from another mobile (or someone else's line), and see if the second phone rings, while that is ringing, place a third call, the phone on line 3 should ring. If line 2 never rings...it's their problem and they need to come out to replace/repair/adjust settings, on their device.

It could be lack of ringing current on the second line, from their "box", or it may prove that it is the second line on your gateway at fault.

5. Buddyl

I will try that, Thank you very much for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.