One receptionist, two geographic office locations

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Milton Schreiber, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milton Schreiber

In our 3cx setup we will have two offices with two separate incoming DID's, but only one live receptionist at one office location answering incoming calls during office hours. How can we configure receptionist's phone to distinguish which office is being called?

For example: Offices located in New York and Chicago. Receptionist is in New York. A call comes into the Chicago office and is routed to the receptionist in NYC. Is there any way for her to tell that the caller dialed the Chicago office number?

2. tratz

tratz New Member

The easiest way is to make two receiponist queues and put the one receiptonist in each queue. If you put the queue name on the phone, she will know what office the call is destined for.

--Tracy

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Or name you inbound rules for those DID's office 1 and office 2 and go to management console/ contacts and enable prepend name under Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID

4. Milton Schreiber

Thank you! Both of you!

5. Milton Schreiber

Yiannis, I'm not exactly following what you are saying. I've set up an inbound rule for Office 1. Am I supposed to put Office 1 in "Contacts", and then put Office 1 in a Group?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I mean if you have two DID's you need to create 2 inbound rules both pointing to the Receptionists extension. One DID is for the Chicago office and the other is for the New York office.
    Upon creating the Inbound rules name one Chicago and the other New York. Then navigate to contacts and enable prepend name under Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID.
    That way when someone calls the chicago number the phone will display the Inbound rule name and the phone number calling.
    I hope this makes more sense :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.