One SIP account, multiple numbers routing to different ext

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hmemic, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmemic

Hello Everyone,

First time on this form. I already tried to find the solution to my problem but I wasn't succesful. What I would like to accomplish is the following:
    I have one sip account and 10 numbers connected to it (being hosted by my VOIP provider). Let's say my sip account is SIP1 and the following numbers are connected to it: 2011001, 2011002, 2011003 and so on till 2011010.

I would like to rout the incomming calls depending on which number is dialed (2011001 = extension 101, 2011002 = extension 2) but it seems to me that this is not supported in 3CX. Whenever I register a Generic SIP provider I need to relate some extension to if (example 101). From there it doesn't matter which number is being dialed 2011001, 2011002, 2011003 always extension 101 is ringing. What would be usefull for me are some kind of inbound rules, depending which number is being dialed by caller, certain extension is ringing. At this way I can host 10 different numbers on one sip account.

Whatever I tried to do I cant make difference between the number being dialed and the extension is ringing.

It's not a option to by 9 more sip account because I will need to pay for each I think this should be solved by software on my server.

anyone some ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Haris

2. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Did you tried the DID numbers. That should do the trick.

3. MickyTek

I have the same problem I have two numbers with AQL voip provider.
    Line 1 is 0207 183 00** the second Line is 087086110** both these numbers are registered as 44207 183 00** and 448708610**.

I have two Extensions as follows 100 and 101

Now I have told line 1 0207 * to goto Extention 100 which works fine and I am over impressed with myself to get the Cisco 7961 phones to work with this system.

Now Line 2 I have told to go to Ext 101 - mm this is where the problem begins because when I phone the 0870 number that should be going to Ext 101 it only rings the Ext 100.

Tested outgoing and thats perfect and works fine Ext 100 routes streight out on 0207 number and Ext 101 routes streight out to 0870 number.

I have messed around with the DID options and tried all sorts of settings on this setup but nthing is working or at least nothing is changing all incoming calls are ending up at Ext 100.

Has anyone got a resolution to this problem or could point me in the right direction.
    And yes before some one pops Out Of Office and In Office hours to me I have also set this all up and gone through a number of setups with this in testing and has no bearing on my problem.

I am allready in a 4 day stress mounting of loosing my hair the rest has gone white and I feel my blood draining from my body where the Cisco 7961 set ups were concirned lol.

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

You need to use DIDs. When you register the SIP provider 3CX requires at least 1 number and extension to route that number to to bring up the connection. After that....you need to add DIDs to the SIP connection (in the actual provider connection you created) effectively allowing those inbound numbers ont he connection. Then add DIDs individually that route to each extension you want.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tekknow

There are a few ways that a provider can send DIDs, so be aware

1) User registers to account XYZ@abc.com , all DIDs may uniquely identify themselves as TO $DIDNUMBER$@IP . This scenario is the least common however and Les.net is the only one that I am aware of that uses this. $DIDNUMBER$ represents a variable in this case and usually is the DID number that is being called. In this case the registration is used only to ascertain your IP address

2) User registers to XYZ@abc.com and all DIDs show as TO XYZ@abc.com. This is the most common and may be necessary for some systems/configurations that may decline calls to something other than the account they are registered to. IN this second case it is IMPOSSIBLE to discern which DID is being called.

I am sure there are variations on these like they may be using at Messagenet.it

If you have a Fixed IP authorization from your provider, the DIDs most always come in with discrete DNIS (XYZ or $DIDNUMBER$ are examples of DNIS)

I have been struggling with sending SIP calls to 3cx, as I am testing the possibility of using it for only voice mail, but I see that the inbound behavior is sometimes inconsistent , even with complete control of all parameters at both ends of the call. It seems that sometimes 3cx just sends the call to a random destination, and completely ignores all inbound rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.