One voicemail for several users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by muaddib32, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muaddib32

The staff want to have one voicemail which anyone can access from their handset. This needs to be the default. I am aware that they can use keystrokes to access another user's voicemail but in this instance I want the default to be the one shared voicemail.

This was possible using the Linksys SPA9000 which I have just decommissioned.

Handsets are Linksys SPA941.

Is this possible?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Like this?...http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Ring-Group--Department--mailbox/71758-9854

3. muaddib32

Yeah, that's it. Vmail doesn't cut it because if everyone gets a copy of the message no-one can be sure if someone else has already responded. So messages can get handled twice or not at all.

This feature was on the old Linksys SPA9000 which I just decommissioned. I just assumed that I would be able to do it on a more modern system (that was four years old).

4. muaddib32

Actually it doesn't even need to be that advanced. I would be happy if a second extension could just share the same mailbox. There is no necessity to still have their own private mailbox.

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

There is a work around for this. And easy using the 941 once set up.

First create a dummy extension for the mailbox. turn off the vmail as you dont seem to want it.

Now create a rule that if the persons extn is not answered it goes to the voicemail of the dummy extension.

And on the 941, create the dummy extension on the last line (button). Now when a voicemail comes in they will see it on the bottom button on the 941 and can dial it by selecting that button then pressing the voicemail key.

It is that simple.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. muaddib32

Excellent. Works perfectly. Even the indicator light glows. Fantastic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.