• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One way audio calling in

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCF

Customer
Reaction score
We are having an issue with one way audio. Our system worked perfectly fine for a week, then we closed for the holidays, came back and the phones had one way audio when calling in. If we call our 3cx system we dont hear it ring and dont hear the virtual attendant, but if I enter an extension it calls it and I can hear audio on the 3cx side but not on the external phone. If our VOIP phone initiates the call and calls out audio works both ways. We recently replaced our modem because of jitter and the new modem worked perfectly for the week mentioned, but now we have this issue.

I noticed in the 3cx logs that there were several errors stating on RTP packets received.

Could the modem be the culprit ? Any suggestions?

Assuming you have your own router on the other side of the modem, did the cable company bridge the modem? This insures that the modem sends to the router everything it sees .........effectively removing the modem's firewall. Also, make certain that the SIP ALG in the modem is off. Then, try the firewall checker.

lneblett said:
Assuming you have your own router on the other side of the modem, did the cable company bridge the modem? This insures that the modem sends to the router everything it sees .........effectively removing the modem's firewall. Also, make certain that the SIP ALG in the modem is off. Then, try the firewall checker.

Yes it's in Bridge Mode, the Sip ALG is turned off and the firewall checker says everything is fine. I'm going call the ISP today to see what they can do on their end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.