One Way Audio, IP change

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSDKen, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSDKen

I came back from the holidays and I now have one way audio on a v14 sp2 install of 3CX. My IP number had changed so I updated in the 3CX network settings. Internally everything works fine. I have restarted all the phones/servers several times and I am still experiencing problems. I talked to NexVortex tech support and it appears that my old IP # is still making to their servers. Is there a cache I need to clear out? Any other places I need to update the IP number other than Settings>Network>Public IP

Thanks for the help.

Ken Bell

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Check thru the custom parameter page. This method however is not supported.

As far as I know the recommended way to update the IP is Backup -> Uninstall -> Reinstall.
    Upon setup before restoring, it will ask for Public IP Address.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You can check under the sip trunk, advanced tab, registration settings, set "use this IP address" and put in your new IP.

Realistically though you are best to do as Craig said and backup, uninstall and re-install and use the new IP settings, then import your backup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is a thread about this here as well: http://www.3cx.com/forums/incorrect-external-ip-address-in-sdp-43357.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.