One Way Audio Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sam71, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam71

Hi all,

I have read a few posts where they mention a similar issue to what we are experiencing with one way audio!
    All was ok until our old firewall died (ipcop) two days ago, we were replacing it anyways, just sooner than expected and unable to test properly.....

We have got it so mobile calls work both ways (most of the times), however if you ring out to a land line the other end can hear us but not the other way around! No dialing tone etc....

If someone rings in it is fine!

As far as I know we have the ports set correctly in the firewall (Sophos UTM9) 5060 tcp/udp & 9000:9049 udp

I have been pulling my har out and wasted so much time trying different things to get it working!

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Run firewall checker in 3cx management console first and see the results, if you cant hear remote side its because of the firewall or maybe there is an issue with STUN

3. Sam71

The firewall checker fails but it failed on the last firewall as well!

I don't have stun enabled as my VSP doesn't require/support it, when it is enabled it it takes a while for calls to initiate....

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

Could you copy/paste wireshark and server activity log for problematic call? You are using the same voip provider for landline as for the mobile phones?

You are not using STUN, you have fix ip on your internet connection? Otherwise your voip provider dont know the address to return the traffic back (RTP)

5. Sam71

Will do next time I am able to get on there, midnight here!

Only one voip provider and a Linksys 3102 on a pstn line

Yes fixed IP

6. mbulles

Hi,

Had a similar problem with 3CX V11 and UTM9 one way audio. Could not hear audio from remote extension.

My problem was that I had put a temporary second ip adres on my network adapter on the machine that was running 3CX.

Running wireshark I noticed that the RTP packets were send to this second ip adress instead of the 3CX ip address.

Removing this secondary ip address from the network adapter fixed my problem!

7. TCF

TCF

I fixed this problem by changing the firewall rule from my local wan / lan source to ALL -> 3CX Ports -> All . Opening bidirectional traffic for all the 3CX ports. I know this is an old post but don't forget to open port 5090 as well.

8. Thomas 3CX

3CX Support

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback you provided. Very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.