Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

One-way audio on Skype Gateway for Windows...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by intelligent7, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intelligent7

Greetings all...

I'll start by being brief and will provide additional details as requested. First off, I am running v9.15781 sp 5a on a win7 pro 64-bit system.

The bottom line is that I have 2 VOIP services--Skype and SkypeConnect. SkypeConnect works fine with 2-way audio all the time. It is configured as a VOIP provider. The Skype Gateway is configured as a PSTN device and has an online number associated with it to allow inbound land-line calls.

The Skype gateway is used for inbound calls and routes to ext 1000. If no answer after 15 seconds, ext 1000 forwards to my mobile number via SkypeConnect. Last week, I had 2-way audio on BOTH trunks. Now, I only have inbound audio on the Skype Gateway. The firewall checker is clean and there have been no known configuration changes to either the network or the phone system.

I have deleted and recreated both the gateway port and the PSTN virtual extension (was 10001 and is now 10003) with no change. I get great inbound audio w/less than 1 second lag, but I get nothing going out. This happens for both inbound and outbound calls.

I've spent the past 4 to 5 hours checking and cross-checking, but can't seem to make any headway. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on possible problems and potential solutions. Oh yes, everything seems to work just fine internally (i.e. extension to extension)--only seems to impacting external calls.

Thanks in advance...

Blake

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would first check the audio functionality (hardware?) on the machine itself as the Gateway makes use of it. In other words, can you connect a headset to the machine and place a Skype call, with audio?

3. intelligent7

@leejor: Thanks for the suggestion; however, the audio hardware functions as expected. Skype call was placed successfully w/2-way audio. I had previously checked the audio hardware before posting, but did so again at your suggestion and was again unable to find a problem.

I'm sure that when this is all said and done, we'll see that it was the proverbial "checkbox needle in the settings haystack" but at the moment, I must admit to being out of ideas...

Thanks again for your suggestion and willingness to assist.

Blake

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If set to verbose, does the 3CX log show anything unusual during the call?

5. intelligent7

I will find out and let you know. BTW, what type of activity would you classify as "unusual"...?

Blake

6. intelligent7

@Leejor
    Hmmm... not sure what to make of it, but I now have 2-way audio on the Skype Gateway and I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to settings except to stop the gateway overnight. I restarted it about 10 minutes ago (to check a call w/verbose logging) after about 21 hours of being offline. The only change I made to 3CX itself was to change the logging level to verbose.

Since I made ZERO changes before the problem and ZERO changes since the last round of failed attempts to resolve it, it may be safe to say that the problem might have been either w/Skype itself (I previously checked the audio hardware, but not by making a Skype call, so I cannot rule that out as a potential source of the problem), or perhaps w/my ISP. In any event, 2-way audio has been restored. At least for now... :S

Time will tell if this was a fluke or a real problem.

Thanks again for your advice and willingness to assist. I will re-post if my audio goes south again.

Blake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.