One way audio - remote extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by worcester1, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worcester1

Hi All

I have set up a remote extension that connects via the 3cx tunnel. I am using V12 with the latest updates.

Handsets in the office work fine. - the remote extension (via a PC) connects through the tunnel OK also, i can call out no problem.
    when i call out the caller answers the call but i cannot hear them at all,

Any suggestions as to what the cause may be?

Many Thanks
    Richard

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Could be a couple of issues, I'd first start by ensuring under extensions---> other ---> pbx delivers audio is checked . Also do you have port 5090 forwarded to the server on the server side. What are you seeing on in the wireshark logs any rpt once the call connects? Is there any particular reason you are using the tunnel? With that being said we never use the tunnel for remote extensions we opt to go for a vpn (not saying there arent instances where we havent used the tunnel its just hardy ever maybe 2-3 installs) if you have a vpn available on your network give that a try also you can try to connect directly to the server and see what are the results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. worcester1

Hi - Problem solved! - i had not checked, PBX delivers audio in under extensions---> other ---> pbx delivers audio

Thanks for your help!

Regards
    Richard

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Good deal glad you got it solved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.