Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

One Way Audio - SIP ALG Disabled

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by David Catherall, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Catherall

Hello again,

Having problems with both incoming and outgoing calls from/to external numbers. One Way Audio, They can hear me but I can't hear them.
    Firewall check returns OK.
    Internal calls are fine.
    SIP ALG is disabled (I have tried 2 different routers)
    The router I am using is a Cyberoam Next Gen UTM device, but have tried using a cheap Zyxel too.

On testing we can see that the call generated from port 9004 is going out as port 38000 (or thereabouts) so I assume the return path is trying the same port (38000). Is this where STUN is required?

Strangely though, I have had two way audio working previously.

any advice would be well received.

Thanks,

Dave

2. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @David Catherall ,

is the issue present with all incoming/outgoing external calls or does this happen only with a certain provider?
    you could try running a wireshark capture and checking if the audio comes back to the port you are sending it from (9004) or if the provider sends it to a different port.
    Another thing you could try for troubleshooting is creating free voip accounts and making calls between them to test if you get 2 way audio.

3. David Catherall

Hi @AndreasPo_3CX ,
    All in/out calls. The audio isn't coming back to the port sent from, it's coming back as an entireley new port way out of the 9000-9500 range. I can see that the firewall is sending out from rule 0 (no other rules match=send from rule 0) though I do have the correct rules in place. I understand that NAT by its very nature changes the IP and port sent but I thought that's where STUN might come into effect.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

STUN is not the issue in this case as you indicate it is a port issue.

Is this a new install or an existing and if existing, I assume it worked, so best to examine what may have changed in the meantime new cable modem perhaps. New firmware in router, etc.

You might also take a look at:
    https://kb.cyberoam.com/default.asp?id=2234
    And try both on and off.

5. AndreasPo_3CX

AndreasPo_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@David Catherall ,

could you send me the capture in a PM so i can examine it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.