• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One Way Audio - SIP ALG Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Catherall

Reaction score
Hello again,

Having problems with both incoming and outgoing calls from/to external numbers. One Way Audio, They can hear me but I can't hear them.
Firewall check returns OK.
Internal calls are fine.
SIP ALG is disabled (I have tried 2 different routers)
The router I am using is a Cyberoam Next Gen UTM device, but have tried using a cheap Zyxel too.

On testing we can see that the call generated from port 9004 is going out as port 38000 (or thereabouts) so I assume the return path is trying the same port (38000). Is this where STUN is required?

Strangely though, I have had two way audio working previously.

any advice would be well received.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi @David Catherall ,

is the issue present with all incoming/outgoing external calls or does this happen only with a certain provider?
you could try running a wireshark capture and checking if the audio comes back to the port you are sending it from (9004) or if the provider sends it to a different port.
Another thing you could try for troubleshooting is creating free voip accounts and making calls between them to test if you get 2 way audio.

Hi @AndreasPo_3CX ,
All in/out calls. The audio isn't coming back to the port sent from, it's coming back as an entireley new port way out of the 9000-9500 range. I can see that the firewall is sending out from rule 0 (no other rules match=send from rule 0) though I do have the correct rules in place. I understand that NAT by its very nature changes the IP and port sent but I thought that's where STUN might come into effect.

STUN is not the issue in this case as you indicate it is a port issue.

Is this a new install or an existing and if existing, I assume it worked, so best to examine what may have changed in the meantime new cable modem perhaps. New firmware in router, etc.

You might also take a look at:
https://kb.cyberoam.com/default.asp?id=2234
And try both on and off.

@David Catherall ,

could you send me the capture in a PM so i can examine it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.