• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

one way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

callidus

Reaction score
hi,
I have a problem, only one side can hear the audio, sometimes is it afected to both sides. i realy don't know what to do anymore.. it just won't work.. can somebody please help me to understand the problem and I hope find a solution?

so.. there are 3 wireshark logs attached

snom-behind-nat is the snom that i have in the office - (ext 15) it never gets audio
server-behined-nat - is the server where the 3cx phone system is installed on and it is behind a second nat..
snom-lan is a snom phone on the lan side of the server. - (ext 16) it gets audio (most times)

I tried to make a call form 15 to 16.. in that case either neither gets audio or both phones get audio; when I call ent 15 form ext 16, 16 can hear the audio, but i don't get anything; or nobody gets audio.
so i don't understand what's wrong.. i have tried all kinds off diferent setting on the phones and on the pbx, but nothing helped..
could it be the stun or the nat? we are using mikrotik routers rb450g; i can only suspect that the nat changes the port when the packet goes out. but i don't know how to solve that problem.

another interesting thing is that the outbound and inbound calls are ok.. we can normaly call out or recieve calls. just the extensions are problematic..

please help.. i'm desperate..
thanx..

I think I can't upload attachmets.. I can send them to pm if somebody wants to help.

No audio problems are almost always because some of the necessary ports are either blocked or 3CX doesn't know where to send the packets. Make sure that all of the needed ports are forwarded, on the router at the 3CX end, as per the 3CX setup info. Make sure that any "remote" extensions are set to use STUN. Make sure that the routers that you're using don't have a problem handling SIP or require certain settings to be changed to allow SIP to work correctly. If you are able to do so, connect the remote sets to the net, bypassing the router (Public IP,no STUN). See if they work correctly. If so then it is the router at the remote end you need to look at.

thank's for reply..

as far as I can see, the rtp packets that are send from my phone are not the same as in the sdp.. probably the nat changes the src. port. The phone should send the the packet from 11798, but the server gets it from 1093 and than tries to send it back to port 11798.
I'm not sure if it is right that way..

Hi,

Please ensure that the wireshark capture is showing request to send audio to the correct External Ip address. Also please ensure you are using stun.3cx.com.

jitendrasnv, I don't think the phone is damaged..

mfm, I'm using stun.3cx.com, and yes, the external IP is correct..

could it be something else? somekind of setting I should set up?

callidus said:
jitendrasnv, I don't think the phone is damaged..

mfm, I'm using stun.3cx.com, and yes, the external IP is correct..

could it be something else? somekind of setting I should set up?

Could you please send me wireshark captures? (I've sent you my emails one week ago)
Without this information it is not possible to answer selected question.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.