• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

one way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

bltsai

Reaction score
If my users use 3CX softphone or Grandstream phone at home, they can cannot heard people talking but people can heard them no problem. I uses 3CX softphone debug feature and it shows OK no problem. I also put STUN server stun.3cx.com on 3CX softphone and Grandstream phone and it is still one way audio. What else can I try it?

p.s. if the home PC uses VPN connection to 3CX phone server, there is no one way audio problem on 3CX softphone.

Really thank you for your helping.

You can try to setup the softphone to use the 3cx tunnel and also install the sip proxy on a computer to get the grandsteam to work. just set the grandsteam to use the computer running the proxy to the outbound proxy. It works for me and my cisco SPA508. Here is a link to the setup.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/sip-proxy-manager/

Good luck

bltsai said:
I also put STUN server stun.3cx.com on 3CX softphone and Grandstream phone and it is still one way audio. What else can I try it?

If the remote phone is located behind a router, then you should have STUN enabled by default. It sound like the router/firewall at the remote end is blocking ports. To confirm this, if possible, bypass the router and connect the PC running the 3CX softphone directly to the modem so that it picks up a public IP. You can try setting the IP of the Grandstream as a DMZ on the router. Are you using both the Grandstream and the 3Cx softphone at the same time? Did you give each a unique port number?

Hi leejor,

I installed 3CX SIP Proxy Manager V9 and 3CX softphone in the same PC and it has no one way audio problem. It is the same way I can ask the user using VPN connection then use 3cx softphone. I wonder why I cannot put check 'use 3cx tunnel" and no using SIP Proxy manager program. Insteade of I need to use outbound proxy server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5080 and using SIP Prox manager same time.

Thank you

bltsai said:
I wonder why I cannot put check 'use 3cx tunnel" and no using SIP Proxy manager program. Insteade of I need to use outbound proxy server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5080 and using SIP Prox manager same time.

You can use the 3CX tunnel on the 3CX softphone, or the 3CX proxy can use the 3CX tunnel option and all sets at the remote location can go through the proxy server back to 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.