• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One-way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

renardi

Reaction score
Hello,

I tested a remote connection today and experienced one way audio.
The remote extension registers ok and the phone rings when called and can call out.
On the remote phone one can talk to the other party (internal extension) but hear nothing
and the internal extension can listen but say nothing.

When using tunneling the audio is 2 way, but i would like to use normal phones
on remote sites so that isnt a real solution for me.

My firewall test passed without faults.

When i stay inside the network of my provider (telenet belgium) everything seems ok,
But when the remote extension being on another network (Mobistar) i have one way audio .

Tia,

Christophe.

Forgot to mention:

When calling from remote extension via voip provider I get same issues.
I can call and recieve calls but only one way audio.

It would seem to be an issue with the router/firewall at the remote end if that is the end not receiving any audio.

renardi said:
When calling from remote extension via voip provider I get same issues.
I can call and recieve calls but only one way audio.

Are you using a PC with the 3CX phone, I'm assuming so it you are using the tunnel? Have you tried letting the PC pick up a public IP, bypassing your router, and see if that works?

renardi said:
When i stay inside the network of my provider (telenet belgium) everything seems ok,
But when the remote extension being on another network (Mobistar) i have one way audio .

How are you testing this? Are you moving to a new location, different router, or are you connecting the same router to a different provider?

Are you using a PC with the 3CX phone, I'm assuming so it you are using the tunnel? Have you tried letting the PC pick up a public IP, bypassing your router, and see if that works?

The tunnel is working. But is not a real option for me.

How are you testing this? Are you moving to a new location, different router, or are you connecting the same router to a different provider?

I have a mobile internet connection (3G) (on my laptop) with Mobistar, so no router is needed. Maybe Mobistar is blocking something...
Maybe I should try another provider aswell, but I cannot use any open networks as there arent any right here.

renardi said:
I have a mobile internet connection (3G) (on my laptop) with Mobistar, so no router is needed. Maybe Mobistar is blocking something...

That may very well be the case. I've got the same issue trying to use 3CX phone (Android) over 3G, no audio.

renardi said:
The tunnel is working. But is not a real option for me.

Why not?

Cause I'd prefer to use hardware phones.

Can they be tunneled as well?

Yes

Set up any windows pc on the remote network and install the tunnel on there. All those phones on the remote network then register with the tunnel internally and the tunnel sends the call information to and from 3cx in the other office.

Thanks for your answers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.