Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

One-way audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by renardi, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renardi

Hello,

I tested a remote connection today and experienced one way audio.
    The remote extension registers ok and the phone rings when called and can call out.
    On the remote phone one can talk to the other party (internal extension) but hear nothing
    and the internal extension can listen but say nothing.

When using tunneling the audio is 2 way, but i would like to use normal phones
    on remote sites so that isnt a real solution for me.

My firewall test passed without faults.

When i stay inside the network of my provider (telenet belgium) everything seems ok,
    But when the remote extension being on another network (Mobistar) i have one way audio .

Tia,

Christophe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. renardi

Forgot to mention:

When calling from remote extension via voip provider I get same issues.
    I can call and recieve calls but only one way audio.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would seem to be an issue with the router/firewall at the remote end if that is the end not receiving any audio.

Are you using a PC with the 3CX phone, I'm assuming so it you are using the tunnel? Have you tried letting the PC pick up a public IP, bypassing your router, and see if that works?

How are you testing this? Are you moving to a new location, different router, or are you connecting the same router to a different provider?

4. renardi

The tunnel is working. But is not a real option for me.

I have a mobile internet connection (3G) (on my laptop) with Mobistar, so no router is needed. Maybe Mobistar is blocking something...
    Maybe I should try another provider aswell, but I cannot use any open networks as there arent any right here.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That may very well be the case. I've got the same issue trying to use 3CX phone (Android) over 3G, no audio.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Why not?

7. renardi

Cause I'd prefer to use hardware phones.

Can they be tunneled as well?

8. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Yes

Set up any windows pc on the remote network and install the tunnel on there. All those phones on the remote network then register with the tunnel internally and the tunnel sends the call information to and from 3cx in the other office.

9. renardi

Thanks for your answers guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.