One way audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danavni, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danavni

using V12, i have the following config:
    PBX is on ip 10.0.0.3
    the firewall of our organization is forwarding all traffic on ports 5090 & 5000 to the PBX (tested using telnet from the outside)

i have installed both a windows client and an android client both were provisioned correctly and are able to connect the tunnel
    when calling from either one of them i get the same problem:
    i am connecting through the tunnel from outside our network. if someone on the other side is talking to me i hear them. when i speak they do not hear me (regardless if the call is to an internal extension or an external number)

because both the android and windows have the same problem i assume it's a firewall and/or pbx problem.

how do i figure it out?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Do you have ports 5060, and 9000-9049 forwarded? go to extensions tab---->other----> check PBX delivers audio, Also run the firewall checker. If your still having issues I'd suggest you post a server activity log of duplicating the error.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. danavni

5060 and 9000-9049 are not forwarded. why should they be if I am using a tunnel? I thought the whole idea of the tunnel is to deliver everything via the tunnel

are these ports TCP or UDP?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In theory, if you are using the Tunnel, it should only require port 5090 being forwarded.

Most routers allow you to set to "both" if you are unsure.

Have you checked the logs, right after a call, for any error messages?
    Have you tried forwarding the "regular" ports and trying without the Tunnel? then leave those same ports forwarded and trying the Tunnel again?

Have you run the 3CX Firewall Checker with success?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.