• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

One way fast busy over top of call audio: Yealink T22P

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppickens

Titanium Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
We have a couple clients that have called in stating that with certain inbound calls, their Yealink T22P phones are getting a loud fast busy signal over top of the caller's audio. The caller cannot hear this, and when running a wireshark packet capture there is not evidence of it either. I'm not counting out that it's just coincidence that it's same phone model for both, but the facts seem to be pointing that way. Has anyone run into this before with the T22P's?

Are the sets running the latest firmware, or at least the same version, as sets that have not reported this issue?

Could this possibly be coming in on the trunks?Are these calls over a VoIP provider? One that is used elsewhere (other customers) with no issues?

Can this be duplicated?

Do the callers, that this happened with, have anything in common?

Hello

Did you ever get to the bottom of this i have a few customers complaining of exactly the same problem.
Beeping on the line. however not on the call recording.

Thanks

We have had the same problem on T26 phones running firmware 6.70.0.103. We did not have the problem before upgrading firmware a few months back.

I have done call recording when the beeping was occurring and it did not show up in the recording, which means it is a handset issue. The beeps sound like a busy signal going over and over while you are talking on the phone. The other party can't hear the beeping.

The problem can be made to go away for a month or two by power cycling the phone. Therefore my theory is that there is some sort of memory leak going on inside the phone and when it gets bad enough the beeping starts.

I've been remote rebooting the phones monthly and waiting for a new firmware to be released.

I have this same exact problem with t26's and t28's (latest firmware). Same exact symptoms as others have described. My users (sometime not so savvy) have learned to reboot the phone when it happens. Hoping for a better solution other than rebooting phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.