• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

onhold.wav - Statement of Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadragon

Reaction score
Good Day,

The onhold.wav file is the built in on-hold music included in 3CX distributions.

There is nothing in the EULA concerning its use or licensing. The WAV file properties are stripped of all identifying infomation as to artist, copyright and any other detail. I've searched for any info from public sources and see nothing about the provinance of this track. There are several forum posts on the same subject, but no 3CX responses.

Our lawyers have asked me to determine the above info to ensure we are not exposing the company to a copyright claim.

Can someone at 3CX point me to a definitve statement that shows the track is royalty free and may be used on our phone system?

Thank you.

Nice find, thanks Craig,

That response is from 2009 so hopefully someone can reiterate a more modern answer.

Thanks.

It's a good start... o_O

It would be nice to see this in the EULA. Surprisingly enough, this is not something that comes up often.

Or just spend $30 and get a new royalty free soundtrack from somewhere that has to be cheaper than the time spent on this thread....

Hello @Shadragon

Please note that the music on hold music included in the PBX is loyalty free. If you are a partner you can contact your sales representative and request more info on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.