Online Indicator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brocruit, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brocruit

We have a very mixed environment. We have a few people using the softphone, but most people are on older Cisco hard phones and most of our developers are on Linux workstations. My boss wants to use the Bluetooth functionality on his Yealink phone, but in doing so he loses the online indicator he has from his Plantronics headset. People constantly walk in his office if they don't see the red light on.

The softphone side panel is not what I'm looking for. I personally use it and the web client, but our support staffers are all old dogs that can't learn new tricks. I'm surprised they can tie their shoelaces.

Does anyone know of some way I can get a light to work to show a specific extension as being active?

In my dreams, there is SIP device that just lights up according to BLF status, but also in my dreams, I can jump really high and command a starship.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Are you looking to light up a BLF, or are you looking for an external light you would put on a wall, top of cube, outside his door? I didn't quite follow. They do make external lights that can do this. Just google "SIP light" and it pulls up several options.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brocruit

I basically want an external light.

I'm going to be honest. in all my googling I didn't search for exactly "SIP light" even once. I search for OLI (online indicator) in various combinations.

Thank you

That pointed me in a direction.

All that being said. This is the ONLY option:

https://www.amazon.com/8128-Strobe-Light-Notification-Alerting/dp/B01LXLJ48C

I can't find anything else that doesn't require being activated manually, by sound, or USB somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.