• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Only able to accept a single call via a ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunstate

Reaction score
Ok, here is the setup.

6500 - receptionist
5000 - mail/copy room
5001 - kitchen

Those three extensions are members of a ring group that is set up to ring all. I have incoming calls on the main DID routed to that ring group. They want this setup so that the receptionist can answer the calls from any of the areas that she commonly works in. Everything is working great, except for one thing. If a call comes into the ring group and she answers it at her desk (6500), and another call comes into the ring group while she is still on the phone, it doesn't ring her phone, only the other two members of the ring group. Her extension is set up to be able to receive more than 1 call. If a call comes in from an internal extension while she is on the phone it works fine. It's only when the second call comes in via the ring group that she isn't notified of the second call.

Any ideas?

I have to assume that the 3cx is seeing the phone as Busy in the ring group and is not passing the call to it. It works internally because the phone itself is not busy. I would think that this is a feature of the 3cx. Might I recommending doing a shared appears on the phones if it is supported. i.e have a phantom extension and have it assigned to a line button on the 3 phones (or 2 buttons for more calls) and have the incoming rule point to that extension.

I kind of figured that might be the logic with the ring groups (and I would imagine the same with the queues). So with your recommendation... I guess I don't quite understand. So create a dummy extension, let's say 5010 and route the calls coming into the main DID to that dummy extension. Then program the dummy extension as BLF's on the three ring group members? But then when the first call comes into that dummy extension all the receptionist will see is the blinking BLF. No audible alert or notification on the display of the incoming call. Or am I missing something?

Thanks.

By the way this has been added as a feature request. If any one else thinks this would be a good feature please go vote for it.

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Receiving-a-second-call-in-a-queue./101898-9854

go to Settings -> Advanced -> Custom Parameters

Set ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP to 1

Kerry, you are the man. Worked perfectly. You just sold yourself another book. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.