Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

only connetion with 3cx iphone app within company network

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by J. staring, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. staring

dear all,

We have a 3cx phone system now i put the 3cx on my iphone and it works great, but now the problem, when i leave the company network i still got call's but i can't answer them. And the thing is that when i am not conected to the company network i don't want to receive phone call's what must i do

J. staring

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

If your wifi and LAN are on the same subnet, you could try just checking "disallow use of extension outside the lan" and/or "Block remote tunnel connections" in the extension settings under options.
    upload_2017-3-20_11-12-52.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. J. staring

ok i tried this does not work. when my iphone is on 3g or 4g network phone rings but i can't answer. so when wifi is not connected and my iphone is noet connected to company network i don't want to receive the call.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @J. staring staring
    To not receive calls on the app you need to de-select the account from the client or switch off notifications.
    What do you mean by not be able to answer the calls? The phone rings (push working) but you do not have the option to answer the call?

5. J. staring

I have the option to answer, but it does not. i am also not able to make a call. because i am not on the company network. so the strange thing is that it will ring but that is al. and i don;t want that.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you please let us know what PBX version you are on and what version your IOS client is? Also are your ports correctly configured on the firewall? Do you pass the firewall checker?

7. J. staring

i think my problem is not very clear. when the iphone is on the company wifi the app will work great. What we want is that when we are disconnected from the network. we are not connected anymore. When we are disconnetc the app shows no network and name. when this is the case we can't make a call, what is ok. but we still receive calls what is not ok because we are not conneted. when we check the settings on pbx it looks like everything is set ok. but somehow the phone is reachble. but when we answer we hear nothing no call.

we are on pbx 14 and iphone has the latest ios versie for iphone 6

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for the update,

I am assuming that when you leave the wifi network you have 3g/4g enabled on the device and although you do not have presence the client still registers. Have you tried disabling 3g/4g as well?
    In order to stop calls coming on the phone you will need to de-select the account from the IOS app because push messages will continue to come although block remote tunnel connection is enabled. The connection is established after the push message arrives on the device. Since the connection is blocked you cannot answer the call but the push still arrives. So you will need to de-select the account when you leave the company wi-fi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.