Only internall calls simultanious with mobile

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MKBTele.com, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKBTele.com

Iám new with 3CX and have a question.

Is there a way to let you're mobile ring simultanious with your deskphone when it gets an internall call.
    Some of my collegue's got a lot into the factory. They don't want to walk with 2 phone's.
    Only the internal calls have to go to the mobile, all the external calls wil go to an ringgroup.

I can find only the option ring both phone's at the same time.
    So the external calls will also go to the mobile (what we don't want :| )
    We want this function because sometimes we have an question and need an fast answer from the collegue

(sorry for my bad englisch :D I'am Dutch)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you use the "ring my mobile at the same time" option, then yes, all calls will ring both phones. You can differentiate internal and external calls using the call forwarding rules for the extension.

3. MKBTele.com

@ Leejor,

Thank you for your reply,

I tried this but we want the phones ring together at the same time.
    In the forwarding rules I can only forward to mobile after the no-answer time (default 20 sec). Or do I miss something :?:

We would like to ring them both at the same time so they can answer the call right away with there mobile and get into the factory to check or look something up.

Does anyone have an suggestion to do this?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

you can:

a) Either ring ALL calls to both phones, or
    b) Forward to the mobile and differentiate between INTERNAL or EXTERNAL

You cannot ring both mobile and desk at the same only for internal calls at this time.

SO, your best bet is to use the forward function....the only lag time is the ring time and you can minimize this by setting it to a minimal value for one of the various status. The only issue then is having that person remember to set the status that provides for the minimum.

The better option may be to have a reasonable ring time such that it could be answered if at the desk before it goes to the phone, but at the same time not so long that the caller gives up.

5. MKBTele.com

@ Ineblett,

Thank you for the reply,

I will experiment with the forwarding time to find out what is the best delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.