only one trunk :(

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gulib, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gulib

After spending a few days trying to get 3CX to work on google compute engine...and after finally getting it work, I realized the free version is limited to 1 trunk. I obviously missed that.

I install pbx to tinker with, not to use professionally. I make just a few calls a month, and most are usually "can you hear me? what does my caller id say". I was hoping I could use it to learn about routing, ivrs, etc. Can't do much of that with only 1 trunk.

Nobody's fault but mine for not reading carefully...i just needed to write this to vent :)

thanks 3cx, its a pretty cool product you have,
    gulib

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One trunk group, but multiple members (channels) possible.

3. gulib

do you mean simultaneous calls? I play with this to learn more about it. I want to be able to configure it with complex scenarios....not really interested in making many calls.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, simultaneous outside calls. Previous "free" versions (up to 14), would allow more trunks but restrict the number of simultaneous calls through the PBX, to two or four. Since 15 you are limited to one trunk group but more calls overall.

5. gulib

Thanks for clarifying that. I did feel like I had seen that before. After you mentioned it I searched for a link I had saved some weeks ago...turns out there are 2 licences. One with only 1 trunk and one with more trunks but less simultaneous calls. The one with more trunks works perfectly for me so I reinstalled the whole thing with that license and now I am a happy tinkerer again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.