Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Only some outgoing calls are busy/always ring.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xeroendo, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeroendo

We have this odd issue where only a few outgoing calls either ring constantly or immediately ring busy. Nothing changes as far as I can see on the configuration or the invite or anything. I can't see any correlation for the phone numbers, at first it seemed that it was cellular phones on T-Mobile. I'm not sure what to check to see why this happens. Unfortunately, my provider isn't one of the ones listed on the supported providers for 3CX, so I had to manually put in the settings. If anyone has any suggestions what it could be, I can work with my SIP provider to see what we can do.

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Activity log to verify that the calls are being sent your provider and that there is not some sort of rejection message associated with the call. See if you can duplicate the failure (same number(s) every time?). Keep track of some of the failures (time/number dialled), to present to your provider. Contact your provider (assuming that calls are getting through to them), present them with the findings (we are sending a call to you, but you are rejecting it, why?), and see what they say. Hopefully they are willing to do a trace on a call attempt, or can look back at past call records.

3. xeroendo

I think I found the problem, it gets rejected by their system.

03/06/2018 3:47:06 PM - [Flow] Call(C:586): making call from L:586.1[Extn:103] to T:Line:10000>>9876543210@[Dev:sip:1234567890%401234567890.PROVIDER.COM@priv.frdm.provider.com:5060]

I saw this line and see that everything after sip: I think should just be 1234567890@1234567890.PROVIDER.COM:5060 instead of 234567890%401234567890.PROVIDER.COM@priv.frdm.provider.com:5060

I obviously changed the names and domain but you get the gist.
    Do you know where I can change this option? I've tried a lot of outbound parameters but can't seem to find that one.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How are the failing calls dialled differently from ones that succeed? Are the calls placed from a number stored in a directory? Are they manually dialled? All called from one device? If so, could that device (phone) be attempting to send an invalid caller ID? Do the same numbers fail when called from different devices?

5. xeroendo

They're not dialed differently at all. I've tried with area code, without, with the 1, without the 1, it's just random that some go through and some don't. The dialing is done either from the windows client or on the phone itself. All called from 11 different phones in the office with same outcome. I did find one thing that looks like the problem. "P-Asserted Identity : User Part and Host Part" are both set to default values, when I changed them to 1234567890 for user and 1234567890.PROVIDER.COM for host. The calling worked when I added those values in there. The thing is, the number was a temporary number that we had while our main number was being ported over from another provider. So our main number and caller ID are different than what needs to be there. When I put in that information and the calls go through, the caller ID shows the incorrect "temp" number instead of our actual number. It looks like I'm getting close to figuring it out, I have an appointment today at 9am with our provider's support to see if we can change that to our main number, or whatever option works best.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It really sounds as if the caller ID, the sets are attempting to send, is causing the provider to block some calls. I would confirm, with them, that they do, or do not, block calls, if you attempt to send a number, not assigned to you, or in the wrong format.

Some providers allow just about anything, others are pickier, and some jurisdictions/providers won't allow anything but a number that they have assigned you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.