Ooops, can't use T38G because it's not wall mountable

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

So now I'm shopping again. Any opinions on another brand of color LCD phone with 6 line buttons and at least 10 programmable buttons?

2. engin411

engin411 New Member

The newest Yealink, T46G, is not yet supported by 3CX, but is a nice phone and has the color display, wall mountable, POE, LCD expansion module, etc.

Can 3CX support chime in here about an ETA for the T46P auto provisioning in 3CX?

I might just buy Cisco 525's and 508's too. They are more simple but do not appear to be as feature rich. In particular, I hate the expansion module which doesn't have an LCD display - it appears it's a paper label, which means someone needs to print a new label each time programming changes.

3. engin411

engin411 New Member

I called 3CX and asked about support for the T46G, and they said by the end of 2013, which is too late for me. It's a shame, I like Yealink phones, really like the few T38G's I have, good price point, but I want the same phone for our 20 users, and about half of those are wall mounted, so can't use any Yealink at this point. They either don't have enough line buttons or they're not wall mountable.

I've narrowed down my search to Snom 870 + Snom Vision expansion module and Cisco 508G or 525G2, both with the SPA500DS expansion. All 3 of these phones give me at least 5 line buttons, wall mount options, and good feature sets. The 525G2 is also WIFI ready, which is a plus because I know I need that in a few locations. The Snom 870 has a USB-A port that can accept a WIFI USB stick, but that's another expense of course.

Anybody care to give pros or cons on these phones?

4. gschwab

gschwab New Member

Personally, knowing how well Yealink and 3CX play together I would not be afraid to go with the T46G if it fits your budget and has the features you really want. Just my thoughts, we are almost half way through 2013 and it's pretty unlikely that 3CX would choose NOT to support the T46G.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. engin411

engin411 New Member

That is an interesting comment, I had not thought of it that way. And you actually hit the mark, it's in our budget and feature needs. Maybe I'll buy one phone and play with it.

6. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

The Yealink T46 may not be registered but as gschwab said I'd attempt to use it as welll, just because a handset isnt supported doesnt mean it willl not work.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. engin411

engin411 New Member

Good point... but I'm a 3CX newbie, and I need supported equipment.

8. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I can definintely understand your concern, and if i were you I'd still pull the trigger on atleast one handset and test I'd be confident in its interoperability.

9. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I agree with the others. Yealink is typically very easy to manually provision. Even the w52 wireless set, which is not officially supported as of yet, has the same look and feel throughout much of its interface and it works well with 3CX. In fact, I think your bigger concern is that the client may wonder why you didn't offer the T46 for the entire project. :D

I think the aesthetics are quite nice looking and set it apart from all others, I have ordered in one which should be here this evening. I am really looking forward to it.

10. engin411

engin411 New Member

I have the T46G and have been partly successful in getting it to work with 3CX. Does anyone else have a working config with 3CX with the T46G?

11. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

engin, what kind of issues are you experiencing? even though others might not have the handset, we might be able to help. post your config file as well so we can take a look and see if anything jumps out at us.

regards,

12. netswork

netswork Active Member

The cisco SPA handsets are solid and with the new digital side car the 525's look pretty nice. The new cisco cordless phone isnt bad either. Our company sells and installs only Cisco and polycom handsets and we have had little issues. I personally have had enough problems with yealink phones and yealink support that I dont plan to use them again.

This is from their website on their new ultra-elegant t46 " New designs appears the commerce, with highresolution TFT color display, delivering a rich visual experience. "
    http://www.yealink.com/product_info.aspx?ProductsCateID=310&CateId=147&BaseInfoCateId=310&Cate_Id=310&parentcateid=147

What the heck is "new designs appears the commerce"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.