Ooredoo SIP Trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jaymei, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaymei

Hi Guys,

Unusual one here. Looking to setup SIP trunk in Qatar, have 3CX installed SIP trunk installed by Ooredoo however was handed a sheet of paper with some IP addresses on it which make no sense.
    The main issue here is that Doha uses 1 IP similar to China and you need an IP Key to allow NAT'd traffic.
    So I got that and can NAT away but still having issues that their support haven't got back to me on which I was hoping the 3CX community may have some experience with.
    This is what the little bit of paper stated;

SIP-T VOICE WAN IP: 192.168.161.x /30
    ESBC MGMT WAN: 192.168.215.x /30
    CPE MGMT IP: 172.19.62.x /27
    CPE MGMT IP: 172.19.62.x - Different IP
    CPE MGMT GW IP: 10

This is not my first setup however this seems rather strange. They have presented an Ethernet cable which is plugged up to a secondary NIC on server with the VM having both a local network and this SIP cable connected. I know it will be a static route but hoped someone could shed some light on this or hoping someone else has had dealings out there that could point me in the right direction.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well the first two are private IP addresses. I have seen providers assign that sort of thing to users (not ideal at all) as they didn't actually assign public IP addresses. The second ones might be the VoIp server.

With a computer connected to the internet, check to see what IP is assigned to your router (wan side), private or public.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is normal. The private ips are there to connect you to the VPN of the provider sort of.
    Go here https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/network-configurations-supported-3cx-phone-system/ and go down to the last configuration. Thats the one you need to device. You will need static routes or routing and remote access role. (which practically give an easy looking UI in case native static rules are hard to configure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jaymei

Actually the issue I have is that they are all private IP addresses (that's how Qatar works) but none of them actually tell me what address is which. Probably just something I need to wait on Ooredoo for as the descriptors that I could best work out would be;

SIP-T VOICE WAN IP: IP Assigned to 3CX
    ESBC MGMT WAN: Enterprise Session Border Controller?
    CPE MGMT IP: Customer Premises Equipment?
    CPE MGMT IP: Customer Premises Equipment?
    CPE MGMT GW IP: Customer Premises Equipment?

I would assume that I would give the secondary NIC one of the IP addresses whilst setting one up in the SIP trunk provider area in 3CX. I would then set a static route to a different address to allow to route to the provider / registrar. By my count that is 3 addresses.....
    Confusing due to the private IP addresses in Qatar and as far as I am aware, not many 3CX SIP deployments out there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.