Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Open a web URL when a call rings

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by siraj, Aug 9, 2016.

1. siraj

Is there any feature where the softphone or 3cx softphone client can open a web url when a call rings or receives. I guess now there is a behavior known as run a application. for third party uses. like wise it would be very interesting to open a web url.

This is because mobile number or phone number is a data which everyone collects. My idea is where I can open a web url which could be like customer information where mobile / phone number is always there.

so it could be something like this. we mention the url and softphone will be accpeting some kind a parameters which will be the mobile or phone number which call receives.

E.g. :
    Code:
    https://mycustomer.com/customers/?wild_search=7722229&_submit=Search
    so 7722229 will be the parameter or the number which softphone receives the call.

therefore softphone can accept something like:

E.g. :
    Code:
    https://mycustomer.com/customers/?wild_search=%number%&_submit=Search

Please let me know if this is a good idea and is possible in softphone!

2. jed

jed New Member

Hi

Look at your SoftPhone, Advanced, Behavior, and use %CallerNumber% in your string..

Hope that help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wilhelm

Hi there.

Thank you for the above mentioned. This works really well.

Is there a another type of tag that can be used for example %CallerNumber% that will only display the last 4 numbers of an incoming call to launch to a third party application through the behaviour functionality?

The problem that I have is that our CRM does not always have a consistent format in which the full telephone number is stored, but the last 4 digits are always grouped together.

Hope you can help.

4. JayIT

Hello Wilhelm/Jed

Apparently this works for you. However I am having more difficulty. I enable "Open Contact URL" and enter a URL, but the webpage is not opened when a call comes in. Nothing happens at all (except the call notification) Is there something else I must do to enable? A dropbox link to a screen capture is provided

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s54fmeoafh6dqp3/URL.PNG?dl=0

[​IMG]

5. jed

jed New Member

I cannot see your Screenshot, however we start Google Chrome, and we add a path to our CRM, that understand and can lookup with the %CallerNumber%. Also remember to select "Start Program on incomming call".
    upload_2018-11-29_16-1-37.png

Hope this help you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...