Open Ports on Windows Server 2012 for 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by caiotoledo, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caiotoledo

I restored a backup from a Windows 8 Pro (that was working fine) for a Windows Server 2012 of my 3CX Phone System.

On my Windows 8 Pro my firewall checker did everything ok. But now in my Windows Server 2012 I had some problems with my fowarding ports, the firewall checker are saying: “Failed – Malformed or no response received from configured STUN servers. Check your internet connection, DNS settings, or change STUN servers from Settings > Network > STUN Server tab.”

I fowarded all the ports that i need using this link:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

And allow the access in my Windows Server firewall, but it still not working.

I used this link to check each port:
    http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I saw that the ports 5000 and 5060 are fowarded, the others as 5090 (for the tunnel) and 9000-9049 are closed.

Anyone had this problem with Windows Server 2012? Everything is working fine, only this is my problem now.

Thanks,
    Caio Vinicius.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you run the 3CX Firewall Test?

3. caiotoledo

Yes, the 3CX Firewall Test said: Failed – Malformed or no response received from configured STUN servers. Check your internet connection, DNS settings, or change STUN servers from Settings > Network > STUN Server tab.

4. caiotoledo

Here's a print of the 3CX Firewall Test.

Attached Files:

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It points to either a router, or firewall issue. Obviously something (network, or running on the server), is different from the original PC in how it acceses the net. You may need to go the process of elimination route, eliminating any physical network impediment between the server and the internet. If that doesn't work, then question what firewall/security programmes/settings, are running/enabled on the server.

6. caiotoledo

The router probably isn't the problem, because I used the same configuration for my other computer.

About my firewall I already tried to disable it while I was executing the 3CX Firewall Checker, and I had the same problem.

And I already configured my firewall to allowed connections by the ports according to this link:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

Do you know any other configuration that could block my 3CX? Because for now I don't have anything more installed in this server.

Thanks,
    Caio Vinicius.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't used Server 2012, so I can't speak from experience, however, I'm sure that there are other members that do, and perhaps they can offer some advice.

If you do a Google search for 3CX and Windows Server 2012, there are a number of links.

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there!

From my experience Windows 2012 doesn't need any special setup, disabling the Windows Firewall and uninstalling any other AV software should be enough.

As leejor previously said, these types of errors are almost always network setup related, so to maybe give you some more insight give us some more information as to how you have setup your network.
    - What Firewall are you using?
    - Does your router and/or have a SIP ALG feature? (Disable it)
    - Have you got 2 NICs?
    - Is your router dual-WAN?
    - Are you running any AV software?

9. caiotoledo

Hello NickD_3CX !

Answering your questions:
    - What Firewall are you using?
    I'm using the standard firewall of Windows.
    - Does your router and/or have a SIP ALG feature? (Disable it)
    My SIP ALG was enable, I changed it but i still having the same problem.
    - Have you got 2 NICs?
    I've got 3:
    1 - 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    2 - I350 Gigabit Network Connection (I'm using only this one for now)
    3 - I350 Gigabit Network Connection
    - Is your router dual-WAN?
    No, it's not.
    - Are you running any AV software?
    I'm not running any anti-virus software on my server yet.

10. hssl

was there a solution to this problem. please this issue resolved? am currently having similar problem with my setup. windows firewall disable antivirus disable. am using cyberoam firewall and all port needed by 3cx forwarded correctly.

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, have you got Default Gateways on all 3 NICs?

You might want to have a look in the following link that shows the supported configurations:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/network-configurations-supported-3cx-phone-system

In general you must a Default Gateway set only on the 1 NIC. For routing traffic through the other NICs you will have to use static routes.

Try leaving only the 1 NIC with a Default Gateway set (the other empty) and see if that solves the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.